900 Read Special - Feliciano (Hetalia) - Pasta!!

This is another thank you! I never thought I would get so many people reading my stories! And in such a short time period! You are all just beyond awesome! GRAZIE!!! And I apologize in advance for my sucky ability to get Italy's accent right. Please forgive me.

It was just another day working in my uncles restaurant, enjoying myself as I made dish after dish of food for the customers that flowed in and out during the day. Everything was calm and relaxed, the smells of fresh baked break and delicious foods wafting through out of the kitchen as the lunch time rush slowly eased. Everything was calming down and I was almost ready to take my afternoon break when my cousin ran into the kitchen with panicked eyes.

"Don't leave yet! We just had a crowd of guys come in and sit down! I don't know what would happen if you go on break and leave it to me to cook everything! Please (y/n)! If you stay and cover this for me, I swear I'll buy you that anime you've been looking at! The whole set! I promise!!" His eyes shining with desperation, I could barely hold back my laughter as I thought of how much money he would be spending on that set. There was easily over a dozen dvds in that series!

Giving him a cheerful smile, I put my apron back on and returned to my station. Oh well, break can come later. At least I had taken the time to clean everything up, so I wasn't dealing with a mess. Hearing the loud thank yous coming from my cousin, I gave him another smile and waved him out to start taking the orders that would be coming in soon.

"I can't wait to get my hands on those dvds. Totally work taking a late break!"

--------

Staring at the order slip in front of me, I raised my eyebrow and glanced up at my cousin, seeing him give me a cringing smile as he was nearly panicking again.

"You did tell him we don't have pasta on the menu right?" I sighed, wondering what was going on out there for this to happen.

"Yes, but he offered to pay extra for the food. And he's important! Some kind of visiting dignitary or something! How could I say no to a dignitary?!!" His voice started rising with ever word coming from his mouth.

Sighing, I turned to look at the entrance to the pantry. I gave a slow shrug before turning around, already seeing a new light shining in my cousin's eyes. He knew me too well, having seen that response from me before.

"Ok, tell him if he want's me to make him pasta, he has to be willing to wait for it. When I do pasta, I don't use that boxed junk so make sure he knows it will take longer than the other foods. I'll get started on the other orders while you get his answer." Turning with the slip in hand, I clipped it to the overhand and began heating up a pan. I could already tell this was going to be a long session.

--------

Coming back in through the back door from my break, I was only mildly surprised to see that familiar panicked face turn towards me.

"What now? Did he not like what I made?" Sighing, I pulled off my jacket and hung it up, waiting to hear what he had to say this time.

"No! He said he wants to thank the chef! Personally! He's waiting in the dining room for you to come out!! What was that you made him anyhow? You've never made that for us before!" Under the hint of panic, I could hear a hint of jealousy in his voice. I always knew he enjoyed my cooking, but really? Jealousy over a single dish of pasta?

"It was just stuffed pasta shells. It was easier to make them big and then stuff them with some meat and chopped vegetables and cover them in sauce. Then just sprinkle some cheese on top just before it is done baking so that it melts a bit before you take it out. I was actually thinking of making it this weekend for the family dinner." Yawning a bit at the end, I started heading towards the door to the dining room and gave him a look. "Well? Lead on, oh faithful buyer of anime."

--------

"Ve! Ciao, mia bella! Are you-a the one who cooked this-a pasta? It was-a good pasta! Bueno!" The bubbly man in front of me was almost sparkling with joy, his hands clasped in front of him as he stood up from the table.

I couldn't quite decide if the obviously Italian man was adorably cute or if he was simply weird. Giving him another look as he continued 'sparkling' at me, I decided it was definitely a bit of both.

"Yes, I'm glad you liked it. And thank you for waiting patiently for it to be finished. Grazie." I didn't know much Italian, but I could at least say thank you. Although I wasn't sure if I got the word right, if should at least be close enough he could understand what I meant.

"Ve~! Of course-a, good pasta is always worth-a waiting for, bella! Grazie for-a making it!" I was ready to just smile, nod and walk away again when the young man grabbed my hand and gently pressed his lips to it.

"What the heck?! Why did you do that?!" Yanking my hand back, I could feel heat spread across my face as I blushed, rubbing the back of my hand nervously.

"I have seen-a Francis do that when-a he thanks the reggaze. Did you-a not like it, bella?" Sighing, I watched the curl of hair rising from his head begin to droop down. What weird hair he had.

"Sorry, I'm just not used to having strangers grabbing my hand like that, let alone the kissing bit. I didn't mean to make you feel bad. Just... Next time try to be a bit less touchy feely when you're saying thanks, okay?" Rubbing the back of my head, I decided to forgive the cutie. After all, I wouldn't want to have a dignitary or whatever he was get upset with me.

Sticking my other hand out, I gave him my best smile and grabbed his hand gently, bringing it up and down in a friendly handshake, my eyes closing as my smile turned into a huge grin. If I had kept my eyes open just a bit longer, I might have noticed the adorable blush that spread across his cheeks. Or the grin that appeared on my cousin's face as he stood watching from the side.

--------

Several months past, with Feliciano coming often to enjoy a lunch or dinner of fresh made pasta. After enough other customers began asking for a similar dish, a few select items were added to the menu. But the stuffed pasta shells remained off, a special item I only made for family.

And for Feliciano, of course. After all, how could I say no to the man I was dating?