Takao - Don't Forget!

"Shin-chan! Why won't you show me your lucky item?!" I could hear the shout from the other end of the hallway.

Following the sound, I stared at the green-haired boy who was scowling at the person I had spent most of the morning looking for. Who knew one boy, and such a loud boy at that, could be so hard to find? Oh well, at least I'd found him!

"Takao-kun! Takao-kun, over here!" I shouted down the hall to him, waving one hand in the air as I began walking towards him with a smile.

"Eh? I'm sorry, but do I know you?" He asked with a smile when I finally reached him, a confused look on his face as he scratched the back of his head.

Giggling up at him, I brought out the carefully wrapped bento his mother hand handed me this morning. I held it out to him with a grin.

"You probably don't remember me, bu I live down the block a bit from you. Your mom saw me passing by and asked me to bring you your lunch since you left so fast that you forgot to take it with you. Next time you should be more careful, lunch is too important to miss eating when you put so much work into your practices." Handing him the bento, I gave him another smile and patted him on the shoulder before turning and walking back down the hall.

The silence lasted another 3 minutes before another yell echoed down the hallways.

"Shin-chan! Just show me already!"

--------

I few weeks later, I was searching yet again for the dark-haired Point Guard. This time a notebook was in my hands as I looked in each classroom I walked past. Finally I heard a frustrated shout from just a few doors further down the hallway.

"I already told you no, Takao!" Hurrying down the hallway, I continued to listen to the conversation.

"But Shin-chan! I can't find my notes! Let me look at yours today!" I giggled quietly at the pleading voice, hearing a hint of laughter buried beneath the whining.

Walking into the classroom with a bounce in my step, I dropped the notebook on the desk in front of the curious looking boy.

"I guess it isn't just lunches you forget, Takao-kun. Lucky for you, your mom spotted me passing by again this morning. Try not to forget your notebook next time you leave home. It's important to be able to take good notes in class after all." Looking down at the seated boy in front of me, I gave a smile and a quick pat on the head before turning and walking out of the room.

Turning to the boy next to him, he tilted his head.

"Hey Shin-chan? Are you blushing because of (y/n)-senpai?"

"Eh? I thought you didn't know who she was? And I'm not blushing, nanodayo!"

--------

Giving a fond sigh, I slowly pushed the doors of the gym open to a familiar pair of voices echoing through the large room.

"Shin-chan! Stop hitting me! I didn't mean to forget my practice clothes!" The dark haired boy was attempting to cover his head as Midorima towered over him, a scowl on his face as he stared down at Takao.

"Why am I starting to find that hard to believe! Nanodayo..." He glared harder as he suddenly pointed one arm in my direction, the other pushing his glasses up higher before he turned away from me, arms crossed over his chest.

Sighing again, I walked slowly towards Takao, ignoring the stares of the other boys.

"(y/n)-chan, why do you have Takao-san's practice clothes?" I grinned upon hearing the familiar voice.

"Tai-kun! It's good to see you again! I'm bringing Takao-kun's clothes because his mom asked me to when she saw me passing by to head to school today! It seems he was in a hurry again and forgot them!" I gave him a smile as he walked up to me.

"Why does his mom ask you? Are you two friends or something?" Otsubo frowned as he asked the questions, giving a quick look to the dark-haired team member.

"Well, I do happen to live just down the block from them! But mostly I think it is because of when we were kids! Since I was a year older than him, I used to be the one always taking Kazu-chan to the playground and getting him ice-creams! Because of that, his mom has come to rely on me to help out sometimes when it comes to Kazu-chan." Smiling up at Otsubo, I missed the dark blush that spread across Takao's face.

"You never told me you knew any of the guys. Why not?" I could hear the mild protectiveness in his voice as he stared at me.

Tilting my head at him, I laughed before reaching up to pat his shoulder. If I didn't know better, I would have thought he was jealous.

"Tai-kun! Just because I used to babysit your sister, doesn't mean you need to worry about who I do and do not know in this school. But if you really want to know, I also know Kiyo-senpai a bit. I met him while shopping at Nakano Broadway for a gift for your sister last year!" Smiling brightly, I gave a quick wave to the blonde.

Turning back to the team's Captain, I bumped my arm against his before continuing my way over to Takao, my (e/c) eyes sparkling with happiness.

"Kazu-chan, I'm sure you know why I am here this time! Please try not to keep forgetting things? If you want me to visit with you, all you need to do is tell me you know. Just like when we were kids and you wanted an ice cream or a new trading card, all you need to do is say something." Giving him a fond smile, I placed my hand on his head, ready to ruffle his hair until his hand grabbed my wrist and stopped me.

"I'm not a kid anymore, (y/n)-chan. I don't want ice cream and trading cards from you anymore. What I want might be something you don't want to give me." The look on his face was the most serious I had ever seen from him. Where was the easy-going boy I had known for so long?

"Kazu-chan? No... Kazu-kun, what is it you want from me? You can't know if I will give it to you, if you do not ask me for it." Gazing calmly into his blue eyes, I waited for him to make up his mind whether to ask or not, holding my hand up to stop Otsubo from interrupting us.

I watched patiently as Takao shifted from foot to foot, acting very little like his usual easy going yet confident self. When he finally started to settle down, I gave him an encouraging smile.

"Will you make me your mother's Kimchi? She always had the best recipe in the area!" I could almost hear teeth grinding from the other teens around us, Midorima's glare trying to burn into Takao's skull from a few feet away.

"Umm.. Okay? Are you sure that is all you wanted, Kazu-kun?" I asked, somewhat bewildered by his question.

Smiling, he grabbed the clothing from my arms and started walking towards the locker room to change.

"Yeah, just that! Thank you, (y/n)-chan! You're the best!" His happy smile was back on his face as he pushed the door open.

Before walking through, he turned with a grin and said one last thing before ducking through the doors.

"Oh yeah! I also want a date this weekend! Thanks, (y/n)-chan! I'll pick you up Saturday at 4, so don't forget!" I didn't even try to hide the smile as I walked back out of the gym.