Lucy (Fairy Tale) - Lucky

Another rare oneshot geared for the guys, although I tried to write it mostly gender-neutral so anyone who likes Lucy should be able to enjoy it at least a bit. I told you it would be a while Allen-senpai but here it finally is! Sorry for the long wait!

Watching the raindrops slowly make their way down the window, I let out a nearly silent sigh, wondering if she'd brave the dismal weather to head out for the day. I was about to turn away and give up when I saw the shivering blonde pass by, arms filled with groceries to take home. Not missing a beat, I was up from my seat and out the door, umbrella open as I hurried to catch up to her.

"Miss! Miss Lucy! Please allow me to walk you to your destination today!" I smiled in relief when she halted and turned to give me a smile as I moved the umbrella over her head, shielding her from the rain.

"(y/n), you always seem to show up when I need you. I mean, when I need help! Like today, because I lost my umbrella last time there was a storm and I haven't replaced it yet and the rain didn't start until I left the store already, so you showing up with yours was a lucky break for me." I couldn't help staring at her flustered face from the corner of my eyes, slowly walking with her down the sidewalk.

"I think the luck is more mine than it is yours, since it means I get to spend time with you today." Turning my head to meet her large brown eyes with a smile on my lips, I chuckled at the pink that slowly began tinting her cheeks before she stopped and turned to me, hands on her hips.

"Well, of course you're lucky to spend time with me. I don't give my time to just anyone, you know." The pink spread across her cheeks as she talked, trying to hide her embarrassment with words as I continued smiling at her.

"Thus why I feel like the lucky one. Although, I do admit I would feel even more lucky if you would grant me a few hours of your time this weekend. Say, around 5 in the evening until a little after sunset?" A soft chuckle escaped me at the look on her face, eyes wider than usual and lips slightly parted in surprise.

"D-do you mean a d-d-date? Are you asking me on a d-date?" Her hands went behind her back as she fidgeted with her fingers, something I'd seen her do a couples times in the past when she was nervous or excited about something. I hoped it was more the second reason than the first.

"Actually, yes, I am asking you on a date. It would be my pleasure to spend time with a lovely young lady such as yourself. If you would do me the honor of allowing me to take you to dinner this weekend?" Bowing to her was quite a feat to manage while still keeping the umbrella above her head, but somehow I managed, hiding my grin as I heard her muffled squeal.

"Ahem. Well, I guess I could cancel the plans I had and allow you to take me out. But don't go thinking this will turn into a regular thing!" I waited until she turned and started walking again before allowing the almost face-splitting smile to show itself, following behind closely as I kept her shielded from the continued downpour of the storm.

As soon as she was safe inside her home, I turned around and allowed the smile back onto my face, having shifted to a more discrete grin when saying our goodbyes. With a soft cheer of success, I began making my way home, a skip in my steps as I began planning out the date.

A nice dinner at that restaurant by the riverside, followed by a walk to the nearby park where we could sit and talk or look at the flowers that had just begun to bloom. If things went well, we could watch the sunset together before taking her home. If they went really well and my luck held out, I might even get to kiss her before leaving to go home myself.

Stepping into my home, I put my umbrella away and walked over to the bookcase, pulling out something to read before sitting down in a chair. Hours later, I was still on the same page, a smile on my face as I couldn't stop thinking about the upcoming weekend. Good thing it was supposed to be clear skies this weekend. How lucky I was.