Ciel (Black Butler) - Meeting You

Sitting among the audience at the circus, I watched as the performance came to an end, my (e/c) eyes wide with delight. Standing up, I clapped loudly along with the rest of the crowd before slowly made my way out of the tent. Once outside the large tent, I looked around, seeing if I could find any of my friends.

Instead of seeing one of the people I knew, I saw a pair of the newer faces. Curious about them, I began making my way closer. Before I had taken more than a couple of steps, the taller of the two had already turned and begun watching me, a fake smile plastered on his face.

"Can I help you, miss?" His smooth voice carried to me easily, bringing a frown to my face as I looked at him.

"That is a good question, isn't it?" I asked him in turn, looking away from him as my gaze moved to the younger person beside him, a single blue eye capturing my attention easily.

I smiled slightly when I noticed the boy fidget as I stared at him, the smile vanishing quickly when his tall friend moved between us.

"Did you have business with either of us? If not, then I am afraid we must take our leave as we have much to do tonight." Peering around him, I gave a quick wave to the blue-eyed boy before looking back at the man with his gleaming red-brown eyes.

"Not yet, I'm afraid. But I'm sure I will see you around later!" Smiling at the slightly confused look on his face, I waved again and quickly walked past them, heading for a large tent down a different path than they were heading down.

--------

"So his name is Smile? Really? He doesn't seem to smile much, does he... Although I do agree, Black is a most fitting name for the tall guy, since it seems to match his personality." I grinned at the shy smile I had gotten from Snake in response to my words.

"Indeed it does... says Emily." I patted his white hair as I slowly stood up, enjoying the happiness I could feel coming from my friend.

"I should go give my greetings to Joker before he gets upset, thinking I am ignoring him." I shared one last smile with Snake before taking my leave and heading to yet another large tent.

--------

It was with great delight that I managed to surprise Joker when I slipped into his tent. The quiet laughter that escaped me when he had given a muted scream of shock had quickly brought an amused, if frustrated, smile to his face.

"Just make sure you don't try that stunt with Dagger, you know how upset he would be if he happened to hurt you by accident." I smiled and nodded at the red-head, silently promising to keep my tricks to those I knew wouldn't harm me by mistake if I should surprise them.

"I noticed you had a few new faces since I last visited you!" I smiled happily at him, eager to find out even more about the boy I had met, although I could hardly care less about the guy with him.

"Oh? It's not very often you take enough notice of our new talent to bother mentioning them. Usually you just wait until I introduce them to you. Which one do you have your eye on, (y/n)?" I could feel my face grow hot with embarrassment at his words.

"It's not as if I like the boy, he just seems interesting is all." I tried to defend myself, but the blush simply grew worse as I pictured his face, that blue eye looking back at me shyly.

"So you've met Smile then! Although he is not as skilled as his friend Black, I am sure he will get better as he becomes more comfortable among the group. Tell me, what are your thoughts on him?" I could tell by the look on his face, he was only partially teasing me, wanting to honestly know what I thought of the newest member.