Kasamatsu - Passing Messages

I walked down the hallways, sighing again as I reread the text my friend had sent me. Although going to different schools meant my life was less interesting at times, at least we could stay in contact. But why did that mean I had to go pass his message on to one of the members of the basketball team at my school? Why couldn't he send it to the guy himself?

Finally exiting the building, I began making my way towards the basketball gym. All the while I thought of ways I could make him pay me back for making me walk into a giant room full of strange guys. Walking into the gym just seemed to reaffirm my thoughts, as I heard the screams of girls watching from above as players ran about the room, shoes squeaking on the hardwood floor.

Seeing the blonde athlete that was smiling and waving up at the girls, I figured he must be the Kise that was being cheered for. Giving yet another sigh, I began regretting having agreed to do this for my friend. I was just glad that the blonde wasn't the Kasamatsu that I was looking for.

"Excuse me! Was it Kise-san? Can you assist me in something?" I asked with as much politeness as I could manage, considering I was looking at someone who seemed to enjoy spending his time preening for the watching fan-girls rather than practice seriously.

Blinking his eyes, he turned his attention to me while plastering a happy grin on his face. I almost took a step back when he walked towards me, feeling a dark aura from above as the fan-girls stared down at us.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to have fan-girls on the court! Would you be willing to wait above with the rest, please? I'll be happy to-" Sighing in irritation, I quickly interrupted him.

"I'm not a fan-girl. My friend asked me to pass a message on to Kasamatsu-senpai. Do you think you could point him out to me so I can get this over with, please?" Crossing my (s/c) arms over my chest, I tried hard to fight the urge to just turn around and leave.

I had to fight even harder not to laugh at the expression on the face of the blonde in front of me. He looked like it was the first time a girl had hinted that she wasn't interested in him for one reason or another. I was almost ready to start patting him on the head, when a dark-haired boy suddenly ran over and kicked him in the back.

"Stop flirting with your fan-girls or I will hit you!" He shouted, standing over Kise with a fierce look on his face.

"But you already hit him. Does that mean you wish to hit him again?" I tilted my head in curiosity.

I watched in fascination as the boys face first turned pale before a deep blush formed on his cheeks, quickly spreading across the rest of his face. Even the tips of his ears turned red. I almost jumped in shock when the blonde suddenly jumped up and began talking excitedly to me.

"Ah! This is Kasamatsu-senpai! He's who you were looking for, so now you can pass on that message-suu!" He was almost bouncing like a puppy, leaving me unsure whether I should pat him on the head or not.

"Eh? Y-you were l-looking for m-me?" He stuttered, his eyes darting around as his hands trembled slightly.

"I was. My friend requested that I pass on a message to you. And before you ask, no I do not know why he asked me to tell you instead of just doing so himself. Sometimes I don't even understand him and we have been friends for years!" I sighed in fond exasperation as I brought my (f/c) phone out and sent a confirmation I had found Kasamatsu.

After getting a message back, I gave another sigh. Coughing lightly, I looked back up to meet Kasamatsu's eyes, the expression on my (s/c) face growing serious. I could see him almost flinch back before standing firmly in place, his eyes wide as he began rubbing one of his arms nervously. Taking a deep breath, I opened my mouth and began.

"When kissing flowers, tulips are better than one." Looking down, I sent a text saying I had given the message as he had asked of me.

Ignoring the confused look on both boys faces, I was almost ready to turn and walk away when I heard my phone signal another message received. Frowning at the text, I passed it to Kasamatsu.

"He want's to tell you something else. Not through me this time." Sighing in frustration, I watched as the nervous looking boy started typing a message before hitting send.

As soon as the return text came in, my (e/c) eyes grew wide at how fast his face turned beet red before his eyes darted up to me. I barely managed to catch my phone as it fell from his trembling hands, before he turned and ran off towards the locker room, both hands coming up to cover his face.

"What did your friend say to get that kind of reaction?" I flipped my phone over at his question, my eyes widening at the words on the screen.

'Hey Kasamatsu, it's Izuki! I wanted to introduce you to my good friend, (y/n). I think she'd be perfect for you, so treat her like you would a flower!'

"Izuki-senpai! I'm gonna kick you!" I screamed at the phone before turning and running out of the gym, ready to get on the bus and pay a 'visit' to a friend.