Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - Can't Stop Loving You

@B-ball4ever This took way too long and I hope you can forgive me for the wait!

I watched through the slightly open door of the club room as Haruhi chatted happily with one of his guests, his soft features seeming to glow with the radiance of his smile. Letting out a wistful sigh, I leaned gently against the other door as I watched him interact with the girls who had requested him that afternoon.

"Did you need something?" A voice from behind me had me jumping slightly from shock, turning quickly to see the Otori boy standing there as he returned from some errand he must have been on.

That would explain why I hadn't seen him inside the room, not that I paid that much attention to the other host club members. Haruhi was the only one I really had eyes for, the only one who ever made my heart beat a little quicker each time I saw him.

"Ah, no thank you! I was just checking something. I'll be on my way now, Otori-san," I said quickly before rushing off down the hall, ignoring the feeling of his dark eyes watching me.

"What an odd student," he said softly, writing in his notebook before entering the club and closing the door firmly behind himself.

--------

In class I was always watching from the corner of my eye as Haruhi diligently took notes, seemingly unable to keep my eyes from following the way his slender fingers moved his pencil across the paper. The small smile that crept upon his face when he did well on his tests always left a warmth within my chest.

I was in love and I had no idea how to confess to him about the feelings that had been building inside of me since the first day I saw him. It hadn't mattered to me how he looked, not when his quiet intensity had seemed to fill the whole room at times, washing over me and practically forcing me to remain aware of him at all times.

Sure, he might not have the riches that other students here did, but how could money compare with the intellect that I could see hidden within those eyes, with the kindness he showed everyone around him? How could mere objects compete with the many things that made Haruhi who he was?

Yes, I had fallen and fallen hard, but not for one moment had I regretted that fact.

--------

I'd finally had the courage to enter through those intimidating doors, not so much because of how huge they are, but rather for what they held on the other side, the person who patiently waited at a table to offer a bit of companionship to anyone who asked for it. A few smiles, some laughter if you said something witty enough, and a cup of tea to keep your throat moist enough to keep conversing politely.

I was stared at for my audacity as much as I stared at Haruhi while I sat at his table, having requested time alone with him when I finally met Kyoya's dark gaze. When he had asked if I had enough points for such a request, I had pulled out my phone and gone to their auctions, clicking to buy outright some of the higher priced items they had listed before turning to him and asking if that would be enough.

The almost sinister smile he'd gained at my actions had almost been enough to make me turn tail and run, wanting to escape the darkness that seemed to emanate from him, but I had steeled myself and held firm until he nodded and told me to wait until Haruhi was done with his current customers.

The whole time I had sat waiting for my turn, I had watched him, blushing slightly as I saw how easily he could smile at everyone around him. Hearing him laugh at something one of the girls said, I could only wish I was witty enough to bring such a sound from his lips. I wanted so desperately to be the one to bring happiness into his life the way he had unknowingly done for me.