Ren Kouha (Magi) - Waiting Games

I was really excited to write this one, since the request was for my own favorite character! I hope you like how this one turned out nanoha06 I want you to be a happy reader, so let me know if it's not right for you.

Waiting was never something I was very good at. I always had a hard time being patient, especially when something I wanted was so close to being in my grasp, almost taunting me as I could practically feel my fingertips brush up against it.

That is why it surprised everyone who passed by when they saw me sitting still, my chin resting upon on hand while the other traced circles around the edge of the glass of water I'd been sipping quietly from for the past 10 minutes.

I didn't even get up when a fight started further down the way, simply staring at the docks as a boat came in and was slowly unloaded, the passengers walking down the ramp afterwards. My (e/c) eyes followed the group as they moved up the dock towards the road leading to the Palace, one particular figure the center of my attention.

Waiting for the pink-haired boy to come closer, his attention focused on something his attendants were saying to him, I raised my hand from the glass and gave a small wave.

"Kouha, you kept me waiting far too long this time." Smiling cheerfully at the surprised look on his face, I gestured to the empty seat next to me. "Don't tell me you forgot about me while you were on your trip. Or maybe you met someone else you like more?"

Quickly walking over to me, he grabbed my chin and forced me to look into those smoldering pink eyes. Leaning forward, he brought his lips close to my ear so I could feel them brushing against the sensitive skin there as he whispered to me quietly.

"You know there will never be another who could take your place. Just as there will never be another who could take mine. That is why you wait for me, when you would wait for nothing and no one else in this world. And that is why I will always come back to you, no matter how long it takes or how hard I have to fight to return to your side." With those words he pulled back just enough to look into my (e/c) eyes, before giving me an unexpectedly gentle kiss, his hands moving to slowly trace their way down to my shoulders.

Reaching up as I returned the kiss, I ran my fingers through the soft, short hair on the back of his head. I'd missed the feel of his hair between my fingers while he was on his long journey. He was right though, we really were the only ones who would be able to understand each other.

And I would always be willing to wait for him. Only for him. With that in mind, I gave a quick smirk before tugging sharply on one of the longer strands of his hair, listening to the soft growl he gave at the feeling.

"Kouha, my love. I've missed you. Come eat with me and then we can have some fun afterwards. I've found a nest of bandits for you to play with." I watched as the fierce look on his face turned into one of gleeful expectation, smiling as he took a seat beside me and waved his attendants away.

"Tell my brothers I'll be home later. I have things to do with (y/n)." Turning to look into my eyes, he ended up asking the same question he always did. "Maybe afterwards we can play a different kind of game together? And how do you always seem to know when I'll be back from a trip?!"

"Let's play our usual game first, Kouha my love. And sorry but you know a girl has to keep some secrets for herself."