Yandere!Kanato (Diabolik Lovers) - Sweet Treats

The smell of cinnamon filled the air as it wafted through the open doorway, a smile on my face as I passed samples out to the people passing by, trying to draw more business for the shop I worked at. As a recently opened bakery, we were hoping that we could attract some of the students from the local school, since they would be a good way to spread the word to their friends and family about us.

Especially the night class, since fewer bakeries in the area remained open during the night, but we had figured that perhaps remaining open late would attract customers who were up during the night. After all, even the night owls needed to eat, right?

Catching sight of a group of students about to enter the school nearby, I called out and hurried over with a box of samples, mostly cookies and bits of the different cakes we had to offer. I was slightly disheartened when most of them seemed to ignore me, but seeing the girl and the youngest looking boy in the group still waiting as he held his teddy bear, I walked up to them with a smile.

"Would you like to try a free sample from our bakery? We have a fair variety of goods to taste!" Seeing the dark circles under the purple-haired boy's eyes, I made sure he took extra samples. He looked like he could use all the sugar he could get his hands on.

Handing him and the girl each a small paper cup of treats, I turned around and walked back to the front of the bakery with a happy grin on my face. I had a feeling that maybe, just maybe, we would be having a new customer or two showing up soon.

--------

The next few days were quiet, not too many customers showing up beyond the couple of regulars we had managed to get. It was on the forth day that the purple haired boy came through the door with the same teddy in his arms, sniffing at the air and most likely taking in the scent of the sugar cookies I had just pulled out of the oven.

"Oh! You came! Can I help you find something? A specific type of cookie or cake? Or maybe you are looking for a tart or a slice of pie? I would highly recommend the chocolate cream pie or the apple tarts, but if you want the freshest item, I just finished baking the sugar cookies and they are cooling on the rack right now." Smiling at him, I pointed to each item in turn, watching as his eyes followed my motions before finally widening at the sight of the still warm cookies.

"Those, I'll take those!" He exclaimed, pointing at the tray of sugary sweetness.

"How many would you like?" I grinned happily, hand stretching towards the variety of bags and boxes we had.

"All of them!"

--------

It became a bit of a random occurrence to see the boy, whose name turned out to be Kanato, and his Teddy during the next few months. His visits would occur anywhere from once a week to almost every day, but usually I would see him three times a week on average. He always seemed to go for whatever was most freshly baked. I had to agree most stuff tasted best when it was just out of the oven.

I guess the strangest occurrence was when I was working a dual shift with one of the other girls and we had both been baking different treats. When Kanato saw her, he immediately asked what I had baked by myself and buying the whole batch on the spot. When I asked him why it mattered, he'd refused to tell me anything, turning away with his purchase and walking out the door with Teddy in hand.

Shrugging, I turned back to my work, looking forward to getting off tonight since I had the next two weeks off for the trip my family was going on. I was so excited at the thought of going overseas for the first time. Maybe I could even bring back some unusual sweet for Kanato, since he was such a good customer.

For a moment, I wondered if maybe I should have told him about the trip, until I was distracted by another customer coming in. By the time I went home, I had completely forgotten the whole thing.