Joker (Black Butler) - Delayed

Sorry, it's a bit shorter than I wanted it to be. Joker was harder to write than I had thought he would be, but he's finally done! Hope you enjoy it everyone!

It was amazing, watching the different members putting on the show, hearing all the people in the audience laugh and gasp at certain parts. The beast tamer, the knife thrower, the acrobats and even the clowns. All of them amazed me, sweeping me along with everyone else into a world of fascination and wonder, but my favorite by far was the red haired announcer as he stood there in the center.

For the whole of the performance, my eyes kept coming back to him over and over again. At one point I swear he met my gaze with a look of mild shock before grinning and giving me a wink, but when I blinked he was looking around the tent like nothing had happened.

When the final act was over, I could barely force myself to stand up to leave, my eyes darting to the center of the tent with each step as if I expected him to appear once more and beckon me over to talk. To my hearts sadness, it didn't happen and I ended up leaving the tent with a heavy heart.

I had known it would be too good to be true, someone so amazing ever having any interest in someone like me who was just another face in the crowd. I bet he already had someone he cared for.

"Excuse me. You left something behind in the tent." I stopped when I heard the voice I had spent a chunk of the afternoon listening to with fascination from right behind me, a gentle hand coming to rest on my shoulder.

Turning, I was met by a bright smile as he held my scarf in his gloved hand. I was about to reach out for the simple length of fabric when he pulled it out of my reach, moments later gently wrapping it around my neck as I stared at him in shock. My eyes grew wide when I felt him gently brush a finger against my cheek before pulling his hands away, my own hands reaching up quickly to grab his without me even realizing I was doing so.

"Let me take you out! Ah, I mean... Let me offer you a meal, as a thank you! Yes, a thank you..." I winced painfully as I heard myself stumbling over the words, wishing I could go back and start over with my words. I must look and sound like a fool to this man, someone who's very job was to speak clearly and gracefully to a crowd full of people listening to his every word.

"I would enjoy that. I'll go get changed. Do you want to wait here or should I meet up with you someplace for our date?"

--------

I should have agreed to meet up but I had been too shocked at his choice of words to mumble out anything other than an agreement to wait for him. I can't even remember exactly what I'd said anymore, my mind only echoing the word date in my head, over and over again as my mind flashed images of the smile he'd had on his lips.

Glancing at the small group of entertainers peeking at me not-so-subtly from around the corner of a tent, I wished once more than I had told Joker to meet up with me at the restaurant I had in mind for our meal. Especially with how the beast-tamer seemed to be glaring at me. I jumped when I once again felt a hand come to rest on my shoulder before turning and looking in shock at the well dressed man before me.

"What, did you think I couldn't clean up well?" The laughter in his voice didn't hide the quick flash of hurt I caught in his eyes, my own hand reaching out to rest on his chest as I stepped closer to him.

"No, it is not that. I was just shocked by how handsome you are. I mean, it seems more like a dream that this would be happening, me getting to to out with someone like you... I feel kind of like I'm going to wake up at any moment and find myself still sitting in the tent, listening to you announcing the acts." I finally stopped rambling, having spoken out my insecurities to him.

"At least it isn't just me then, who worries about such things right now. Maybe this will let us know if it is a dream or not..." Hearing him quietly mutter the last few words, I looked up at him just in time to see his eyes coming closer before his lips brushed against my own.

It felt like my heart skipped a beat or two before it started racing, thumping loudly against my rib cage. My face was warm and I could feel the blush spreading across my cheeks before I gave in and began kissing him back, my hands lifting up to run my fingers through his soft hair. When I felt him pull back, I barely managed to stop myself from following his lips with my own.

"Hmmm, I think this is real, but we might want to make sure?" I didn't even pause for a moment before pressing my lips against his again, enjoying the feeling of his arms wrapping around me and holding me close.

I guess our date would be a bit delayed for a bit longer. Not that either of us seemed to mind.