Yandere!David Jehoahaz Abraham (Magi) -Servant Girl

Art by sustisama_92 who is the requester for this oneshot. An amazing artist that I recommend you all check out!

It was not because of a cold wind that I shivered as I stood in line with the others, for the day was too warm for such a thing to exist here. No it was nothing as simple, as kind, as a cold wind. Feeling a push from behind, I took a step forward, ready to begin a life of servitude.

Hanging my head, I continued walking, following the rest of the newly hired servants as we were herded like cattle towards the looming palace.

--------

It was somewhat degrading to stand there quietly as the chosen servants of the upper echelon of society passed judgement on us for nothing more than the status we were born into, or in the case of myself and many of those around me, the lack thereof. The few who were of a higher status but had fallen to hard times and so had to work a job like this to earn their living, were brought into the upper ranks of the servants where they would have a more visible presence in the palace. After all, it played upon the egos of the upper caste to have people from high ranks (although lower rank than themselves of course) having to clean up after them.

As for myself and those like me, we were brushed aside, assigned to work with the others who were to work unseen by the upper caste. After all, why should they have to deal with someone from the lower castes? It was with those thoughts in mind that they choose our jobs, only allowing the best looking among us of each gender to hold a job where there was even the slightest possibilities of being seen by them after today.

Hand clenched over my rumbling stomach, I wondered if we would be fed before being put to work.

--------

Being a servant here in the palace wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be, the work tiring but easy enough to get used to as it remained much the same from one day to the next. I passed several weeks doing little more than assisting the other maids in cleaning one section of the palace, where there was little to no chance of being seen by those above my station.

At least, that is what I had always believed in my time here and thus why I had stayed behind when the work was done, quietly enjoying the view of the garden below as I sat beside the window. It was not until I turned away to head to the kitchens for dinner that I saw movement from the doorway. I froze for a moment, wondering who would have been watching me, before rushing over to the door and peering out into the corridor.

Only an empty corridor met my now worried eyes.

--------

A pattern appeared over the next few weeks, one that disturbed me but I was powerless to do anything about. I had tried talking to the other maids about the vanishing figure that would watch me from the doorway of whatever room I was in at the time, how they would disappear before I could see more than a quick movement from the corner of my eyes.

All I had gotten as a response was laughter and the occasional scolding that I should not drink during, or before, work hours. Their lack of belief in my words would have been crushing if I had honestly expected anything more from them, but to be honest I had doubted they would believe me anyhow.

After all, even to me it sounded like something a drunkard would say after listening to too many stories in front of a fire. The occurrences grew more frequent as Spring passed into Summer.

--------

I stared in horrified disbelief as I stared at my bed. Or rather, at the innocent seeming flower laying upon it. Why? Why was this person doing this to me? Why were they always following me from the shadows? I doubt things would be half as frightening if they would just come out and greet me face to face, rather than slinking about the edges of my vision like some kind of assassin waiting to strike.