Yandere!Mizuki - My White Snake

I spotted the adorable creature as I had been walking down the pathway as I came back from the shrine, having left an offering that my mother had requested I deliver since she was too ill to make the journey herself. But that is not important right now. The brilliant white of the creature resting beside the path I walked on was far more important! How was I to resist such shimmering white scales catching the light of the sun so majestically!

Carefully stepping towards the while snake, I crouched down a few feet away from it and began cooing at the lovely serpent. I never did understand why so many people feared the creatures. Call me foolish, but I couldn't help wanting to feel those beautiful scales beneath my fingers. I watched as its bright eyes seemed to watch every movement I made as I slowly shifted closer, one (s/c) hand reaching out towards the glistening scales I was unable to take my (e/c) eyes off of.

Watching closely for any sign of aggression, I finally managed to feel my fingers against the snakes cool scales, my hands almost trembling in excitement as I began smiling happily at the creature.

"You have to be the prettiest snake I have ever seen. Where did such a lovely creature as you come from? You don't seem to be hurt, so at least nobody has bothered you it seems, but with as many people as come around here it might not be safe to stick around." I gently stroked my fingers along the snakes head, used to handling the creatures as I often worked in the gardens at home.

Ever so slowly, I moved my arms under the coils and gently lifted the creature from the ground, watching for any sign of it moving to strike me. I sighed in relief when all it did was look at me, almost like it could understand me, as silly as that thought was.

"Let me take you someplace safer for such an elegant creature as you. After all, it would be a devastating shame for such a wonderful looking serpant to come to harm because of some ignorant person thinking poorly of your kind. How would you like to make your home in the woods near my home? I have a lovely garden you could visit if you ever get lonely!" Cooing softly at the serpent, I began walking towards my home once more, gently petting its scaled head as we traveled.

--------

I couldn't help but giggle as I watched the snake's head turning from side to side as it looked about the garden I had brought it to, the blossoms of the twin plum trees filling the air with their gentle scent as the flowers slowly opened.

"My family planted those when they moved here long ago. Mother told me the trees reminded them of the home they came from. But that village was abandoned when the lake was formed. I heard there was even a shrine that was submerged. Such disrespectful actions." I let out a heavy sigh.

I had been taught to respect the spirits that had watched over my ancestors. One of the reasons mother had trusted me to deliver the offering in her place today. Walking under the branches of the tree, I pointed to the forest that began on the other side of the low fence.

"There is the forest where you can live if you would like to. And you can come visit this garden whenever you like. I'm the one who is in charge of its care, so you should be safe here, although if you see anyone else here I would still recommend staying hidden. My family does not view your kind with the same affection as I have. But if it is just me, then you are always welcome to come keep me company!" I smiled gently at the snake before walking towards the fence, seeing a good spot to release him.

Carefully crouching down where the branches of the plum tree stretched over the fence, I placed a soft kiss on the snakes head before setting him on the ground.

"Take care my lovely friend, I hope I see you again soon!" I bid my goodbye to the white serpent before turning to make my way inside my home, never noticing how its eyes followed my movements, before it finally slithered off once I was out of sight.