Yandere!L (Death Note) - Sweet Temptation Part 1

Sorry for the long wait everyone. I was suffering from some severe writer's block, but found out I could knock it down somewhat by trying to write something completely new and different from any of my current books. This my new book Oasis has been born. Short story kinda romance-type book if anyone is interested (although I doubt it). Okay, enough with that.

This "oneshot" will be posted in two parts, so part two will be coming once I get it done. Just didn't want to keep any of you waiting any longer than you already have! Once again, very sorry!!!

The blissfully strong  scent of freshly made coffee filled the air, the sweetness of chocolate  slowly mixing in as I stirred the dark liquid within the cup. Putting  the lid on, I turned to add it to the carryout tray I was working on and  looked for the customer that had placed the large order, just in time  to see him walk out the door with two coffees and a slice of strawberry  cake missing from his hands.

Panicking slightly, I  grabbed the tray and placed the slice of cake on one side before rushing  to the door, calling out to my boss that I would be back. Running out  the door, I turned to look around the streets and barely catch sight of  the man entering a building just down the block.

Rushing as fast as I  dared with my hands full of drinks and dessert, I made it to the hotel  and pushed the door open just in time to see the elevator doors shut,  blocking him from my view. The only choice left was to watch what floor  it stopped at and hope I could find the right room. Closely eying the  numbers increase, I almost screamed in excitement when it finally  stopped, quickly pushing the call button for the elevator to come back  down as I fumbled the contents of my hands.

--------

Almost ready to give up  after knocking on door after door with no sign of the customer, I lifted  a hand to knock on one last door, almost spilling the coffees when the  door opened before I could touch it. It was him! Pushing the coffees  into his empty hands, I grabbed the teetering cake from the tray and  pushed my way inside.

"Oh thank goodness! You  left this behind and I've been searching forever for the right room  after you got into the elevator before I could catch up to you! You  should be more careful next time! Where do you want me to set the cake!"  I said, grinning that I hadn't wasted my time coming here.

Seeing him wave towards a  table with a confused but slightly shocked look on his face, I took  another step forward, not seeing the raised edge of the carpet until it  was too late and I was already stumbling forward. I gave a small scream  as the cake went flying, the lid popping open as it arced across the  room and finally landed.

Sadly, its landing pad  was someone's face, the dark haired guy sitting awkwardly with his feet  lifted up and a cup of coffee in his hands as bits of cake slid down his  frosting covered face. The strawberry that had once graced the top of  the cake, soon found itself plopping into the cup of coffee, bits of  frosting floating on the surface as they slowly melted and turned the  liquid a murky color.

"I'm sorry! I'm so  sorry!! Please let me do something to fix this! I'll get you a new slice  of cake! And a cup of coffee to replace that one!! I'm so sorry!!!" I  cried out, almost bursting into tears at having made yet another mistake  on this job.

Feeling a hand on my  shoulder, I turned around to see the familiar face from before as he  shook his head and led me to the door. Hanging my head, I followed him  quietly outside the room, still mumbling apologies.

"It was an accident. I  understand but I think it is best if you just go, miss. We'll handle  things here, so don't worry too much. You already apologized, after all.  Thanks for bringing the coffees. I'll try harder not to forget them  next time." The guy said, a halfhearted smile on his face.

"I'm sorry..." I mumbled  one last time before turning away and walking slowly to the elevator,  my shoulders slumped down in disappointment at myself.

--------

I had to wait a few days  before I had the chance to try and repay the man in that room for the  mess I had made of the cake. I would have simply bought a slice of the  same cake like he'd ordered, but I felt that simply wouldn't be enough,  so instead I got my ingredients out and decided to bake the young man an  entire strawberry cake. That way he could share with his friends if he  wanted to! I don't care if my boss told me my cakes were too sweet! My  family had always loved my baking!

It wasn't long before  the cake had been baked and cooled, layered then frosted with extra  strawberries placed on top. Sure the homemade frosting had a tiny bit  more sugar in it than the recipe called for, but it tasted better this  way! And the strawberry-creme filling was a way better choice than the  plain vanilla-creme that the recipe called for! Boxing up the finished  product, I began the long walk to my destination.

--------

Walking through the  opening doors of the elevator as soon as I reached the right floor, I  smiled nervously and went to the door, stepping carefully as I balanced  the cake box in one hand. The last thing I wanted to do was trip again  and make another mess of things. Just before I could knock on the door,  it opened before me and I was met with large eyes, dark circles resting  underneath like the young man hadn't gotten sleep in weeks at best.

"I-I-I-I'm  here to  offer m-my apologies for what ha-happened the other day! Here's a c-cake  to make up for the slice I d-dropped!" I was so nervous I was pretty  much shouting at the poor guy, my face flushed as red as any prize  winning tomato could hope to be.

"You didn't drop it, you  crushed it into my face. I will, nevertheless, accept this cake and  your apologies. You may go now." The dark haired young man took the cake  from my hands and closed the door, leaving me standing there flustered  at his blunt behavior, but at least he'd accepted my apologies.

Leaving the building, I  began heading home to get some much needed rest, having lost sleep over  the past few nights worried that he wouldn't forgive me. It wasn't until  I got home that I realized the truth. Although the young man had  accepted my apology, not once had he said that I was forgiven.