Yandere!Kaito (Vocaloid) - Digital Love

I thought for this one I would try something completely different  from the Gakupo oneshot. This is a somewhat  futuristic AU, so please let your imagination  roll with certain things  being possible that might or might not be  possible right now for us. There are about 5800 words to this story, so be ready for a longer than usual read for this oneshot!

The edges of the ticket  brushed against my trembling fingers as I  handed it to the bored looking  gate attendant, excitement filling me as  I was allowed into the large  stadium. The video screens lining the  back of the stage were bigger than  the walls of my bedroom, not to  mention the quality of the images being  displayed across them was  greater than what all but the richest people  would find in their homes. 

However, the thing that  brought everyone so much excitement was the  main area of the stage where  Kaito would be brought to virtual life in  front of his fans using a  series of visual effects and high grade sound  systems being used in  combination with a new AI program that had been  developed and recently  passed the test requirements for open use.  For  those who could afford  such things, of course. This meant mostly  companies had them available,  but some private individuals were also  buying such things. It brought a  new meaning to the term "computerized  home" these days.

It was one step closer  to having the vocaloids so many of us adored  becoming a reality, the  next step being completion of a functioning  humanoid robotic body that  could be run by the AI program. So far all  they could manage were  cyberpets with simpler, cheaper AIs that  replicated various animal  behaviors, something to tickle the fancy of  those who wanted exotic pets  without the hassle of having to worry if  their tiger or wolf would bite  the hand that feeds them. Or those who  wanted a more basic pet but  couldn't afford the bills that came with  owning one or wished to surpass  the average lifespan real animals had.

No, humanoid robots were  still a bit beyond the current technology,  but they were getting closer  every day. One of my friends was talking  about how his dad's robotics  team was close to figuring out how to get  the robotic body to move in  more realistic ways now that they had  finally managed to conquer the  balance issue that had been troubling  them for so long.

Soon enough the dream of having vocaloids that had a physical presence would be a reality for everyone. I could hardly wait!

--------

I had finally managed to  find my seat, the large crowd of people  around me too busy screaming  for Kaito to pay attention to the fact  that some people wanted to get  past them. I'm sure Kaito would be  disappointed to see his fans treat  people like that. Sometimes it  seemed like respect for others was  becoming a thing of the past.

Sitting down after  double checking I was in the right spot, I  finally allowed myself to  begin relaxing, plugging my headset in to  listen to my Kaito playlist as  I settled in for the hour long wait  before the event would actually  start.

The sound of his voice  flowing out from my headset as I flipped them  forward was a pleasant  change from the screams that had been  surrounding me just moments  before.

--------

Hearing the music stop  as my alarm went off, I quickly unplugged the  cord, flipping the headset  back behind my ears. I almost regretted it  as I was bombarded by the  screams of the fans around me but did my best  to ignore them as the  lights in the stadium went dim, the stage  lighting up in its place. The  crowd quickly went quiet as music slowly  began playing, quiet at first  and slowly building until it filled the  large building.

When the first vocal  went out, I couldn't help shouting in  excitement, the stage finally  lighting up as a smiling Kaito appeared  before us all. Soon the song  'Bio-Hazard' was being sung clearly from  the slightly phantom-like man  moving about the stage. I found myself  singing along with the rest of  the crowd, unable to help myself as the  music filled me until it had to  be released. At one point I could  almost swear that Kaito smiled at me,  but I knew that he was just  smiling in the general direction. I mean,  why would he smile at just  me?