Yandere!Agni - Second Chances

Just for you AhiruElric! Hope it gives you a smile!

I watched as the tall customer sat down in a dark corner of the bar, his long white hair flowing down his back as he waited to order. Taking a deep breath, I straightened my spine and walked over to him, blushing as I stumbled slightly on the uneven floor.

"C-can I take your order, sir?" I stuttered slightly, my hands shaking as I waited for him to respond.

"Hmm... You must be new. Where's the usual barmaid? She would know what I want without having to ask." Curling his lip in disdain, he turned away from me and leaned back in the chair, his legs stretched out before him as he relaxed.

"I'm s-sorry. I'm c-covering for her while she v-visits some of the family. I'm her c-cousin." I blushed as I looked down at the floor, my (h/c) hair hiding my eyes as I shuffled my feet nervously.

"Fine, just tell the barkeep Arshad wishes for his usual drink. He'll know what to give you. Hopefully your cousin comes back soon." The last sentence, although mumbled in his deep voice, was still easy to make out as I turned away and walked to the bar.

I did not look forward the the next few weeks, knowing that my cousin would be gone for at least that long. After all, she was visiting the family to meet her future husband and get to know him. Such things take time.

Shoulders slumping, I let out a sigh. Hopefully I would be able to figure out how to keep this Arshad person from getting too upset. I would hate to cost my cousin one of her customers. If her husband allowed her to keep working, that is. If he didn't, I would likely be taking her place on a more permanent basis, if I wasn't fired first.

--------

As the days turned into weeks, I had slowly become accustomed to the busy work days, learning what some of the regular customers preferred. I gained a bit of confidence, no longer tripping as I learned to avoid the uneven spots in the floor. Even my stuttering had slowly dwindled, now only happening when I had to deal with Arshad, as he always made me nervous.

Hearing a chair scrape across the floor nearby, I turned from cleaning the table to see the person I had just been thinking of. Arshad sat there, his slate grey eyes watching me like a cat would watch its prey. Trying my best not to shiver noticeably at his stare, I gave him a nod and went to grab a mug of his usual drink.

It seems the barkeep kept it in stock mostly for Arshad, as he was the one who would order it every day, often in large quantities.

"Here you go, sir. P-please enjoy your drink and let me know if you need a-anything further." Getting ready to turn away, I was suddenly stopped when I felt an arm wrap around my waist, pulling me down into the man's lap as I gasped in shock.

"How about you stay this time and keep me company. It took me a while to notice, but you're actually rather easy on the eyes, once one looks past the clothing you seem to try and hide yourself in." I flinched when I felt his hot breath on my neck, one hand reaching up to play with my hair.

"P-please let m-me go. I-I don't l-like you that w-way." I stuttered, my voice shaking as I tried to get away from him.

"Hey, let (y/n) go. She's got work to do and I don't pay her to sit around being lazy." The barkeep shouted.

I almost sighed in relief when I felt the arms loosen. Until I felt his hand trail along my side as he let go, his deep voice whispering in my ear before I could get away from him.

"I'll see you again soon, (y/n). After all, I tend to get rather... thirsty these days." A predatory grin spread across his lips, my heart racing in fear.