Yandere Stalker!Gray Fullbuster (FairyTail) - Playing Games

The sound of music filled the small room, digitized and repeating itself often as it looped endlessly. In the far corner, a student sat at her desk as she played the game she held, the black and white video footage failing to catch how her hair seemed to shimmer in the sunlight that had been streaming through the window earlier in the day. Leaning forward, the young man reached out to run his hand down the monitor screen tenderly, achingly wishing he could touch her instead.

How easily this student had caught his attention over the months she had been attending the college he worked at. The smiles she sent to those who managed to worm their undeserving selves into her life, taking advantage of her kindness. How quiet she always was, speaking up only when she had to for lessons or to give advice to someone in need. Even how focused she would become on her games that she played when she had a free period, finding herself a quiet room to seclude herself in as the rest of the world faded around her.

Every video he had taken of her was treasured, the cameras he had hidden quietly around the campus cherished for their ability to capture glimpses into her life that he would otherwise miss as he tended to his job. Being the night janitor was both a blessing and a curse to him. Cursed because it kept him from seeing her more often, but a blessing because it is what had allowed him to meet her and be the one to offer assistance when she had fallen asleep playing games one evening.

He could still remember how his breath had caught when he found her, her eyes blinking in confusion as she looked about her, her hand reaching up to cover her mouth as she began yawning. Even the soft squeak she gave in surprise when she finally noticed him standing frozen in the doorway before he managed to shake off the shock that had overwhelmed him. He had stammered a little as he explained to her the situation she was in, locked in the building due to falling asleep in an unused room. At her panicked reaction, he had been quick to explain that he could let her out, her being lucky enough that he had found her during his shift so she would not be stuck overnight.

It was the smile she gave him, followed by a quick hug of gratitude, that had him hooked. Nobody had ever smiled like that to him before, few ever even noticing his good looks since he was a janitor. People didn't bother paying attention to him even when they did look, simply shaking their heads and muttering to each other at what a waste good looks were on someone like him, as if they thought he couldn't hear them or understand what they were saying. Like they thought he was stupid because of the job he held.

But at that moment, none of it had mattered. Nothing had mattered except the sound of her voice as she thanked him, soft and shy like the girl he had once dated in high school before she had moved away. He knew this girl wasn't her, knew the girl he had liked had moved far away and moved on years ago, but maybe this was a second chance for him.

One he was not about to let slip away so easily as the first had done.

--------

I sighed as I slid my game back into my bag, hefting it over my shoulder as I got ready to head to the next class I had. It sucked there wasn't a longer free period for me. I just know if I had another ten minutes that I would be able to figure out the final boss's special attacks and defeat him. Of course, that would also mean the game was over and I didn't have the money to buy a new one, so maybe it wasn't so bad that I had to wait until classes were over for the day.

Wandering my way through the halls, I thought about what game I hadn't played in long enough that it wouldn't be too boring playing it through again until I could save up enough money to get something new. Of course, this just made me think about what new games there were that had caught my eye recently.

By the time I got to class and sat down, I was mentally exhausted with all the thoughts of old games versus new games and was totally shocked when the teacher called out my name. Luckily, it was just attendance and not to answer a question on the board. Blushing in embarrassment at being caught unaware, I stuttered out a here, blushing even more at having stumbled in my speech as the class laughed at my fumble.