Kuroo Tetsurō - Coffee Cravings

I stood there, breathing in the aroma of the coffee being ground behind the counter, the steaming water forced through the grounds as the milk was heated in turn. After the caramel was added to the chocolate already resting in the bottom of the cup, the coffee and milk were added and stirred together. I soon turned to the tall, dark-haired teen on the other side of the counter.

"Here you go, one caramel mocha, no whip." The drink changed hands and I couldn't help the blush that heated my cheeks when I felt his fingers brush against mine.

"Thanks, sugar." With a flirtatious wink, he walked off and left me facing the next customer in line, my eyes trailing after him for a moment before turning back with a smile.

"What can I make for you today, sir?"

--------

Day after day, for weeks now, he kept coming back with his black hair looking like he had just climbed out of bed each time. Every day he would order the same drink, call me by some nickname, and walk off after giving me another flirty wink. It was both flattering and embarrassing, as I was often left behind blushing as I had to help the next customer in line.

It wasn't until nearly a month had passed that I finally did something about it. He came in, ordered his usual drink and stood there watching me as I made it, exactly like he always did. After stirring the mix together, I put the lid on and slipped on a sleeve.

Grabbing the marker, I quickly wrote on the side of the cup as the cat eyed teen watched me in curiosity at my change in our daily routine, his lips slowly curling into a grin.

"Giving me your number finally, sweetheart?" He asked, not even looking at the writing yet as he met my eyes.

"Actually, I'm giving you my address. I expect you to pick me up at 6pm tomorrow, since I have the night off, and take me to dinner." I smirked back at him, enjoying how wide his eyes grew before he let out a laugh.

His laughter was quickly cut off by the voice of the customer behind him.

"Is this why you kept coming to this coffee shop, instead of the one next to the school, Kuro?" The shorter boy said, black roots bleeding into blonde hair as he looked over at me before turning back to gaze up at the boy in front of him.

"Well, you have to admit she's pretty hot! Besides, walking is good for the body. But what are you doing here, Kenma? I thought you went home already." 'Kuro' raised an eyebrow at the boy.

"I heard this place started serving apple pie, so I thought I would try some." The boy turned his head to me, watching with a neutral look on his face as I turned to the counter behind me and pulled out a slice of the pie.

"Here, it's on me. You deserve it if you have to deal with this guy every day too. Besides, a cute guy like you deserves to be treated once in a while." Giving the lightly blushing boy a wink, I slid the plate across the counter and smirked at the tall boy now looking at me with his mouth hanging open.

"Thanks." The simple answer made my smirk turn into the grin I usually had on my face.

"Sure thing, Kenma. Oh, and make sure Kuro here is at my place by 6 tomorrow night. Although, if he skips out on me, I'd be happy to eat with a cute boy like you instead." Sending another wink at the now furiously blushing blonde, I turned to his dark-haired friend and gave a grin.

"You know, you shouldn't flirt with other guys after having just asked someone out." The boy frowned at me, leaning against the counter as the other customers watched us.

"Don't worry, as cute as he is, he reminds me of my cousin. Easy to fluster and cute when blushing, but not someone I could see myself getting serious with. I've always had a preference for tall, flirtatious guys with messy hair. Besides, I didn't ask you out. I told you we were going out. Asking implies you have the option to say no." Grabbing his shirt from over the counter, I gave a hard tug and pulled him across the space, bringing our lips together.

I ignored the sound of a fork hitting the floor, too busy bringing a hand up to tangle in that messy black hair. I pulled back as I felt the rumble of laughter under the hand I had pressed to his chest, shirt still grasped in my fingers.

"I'll see you at 6." I whispered in his ear before pulling back, the people behind him giving wolf whistles.

"Mind if I come by early?"