Into The Darkness - Yandere!Shin-ah

People... I could hear people nearby... They were digging into the mountainside. I wonder what they were like? Were they dangerous? Would we have to leave again? I wonder if- My thoughts were cut off as I felt a hand gently touch my shoulder.

"It will be ok, (y/n). Your father will go and talk with them, to let them know we are fine with sharing the land. Besides, we can't fault them since nobody really knows we live here in the first place." My mother's soft voice soothed me, calming my worries with her gentle words.

"Momma, do you think there will be kids to play with? That won't mind?" I asked in a soft voice as I pulled at one of my sleeves.

"I am sure there will be at least one who would be willing to play with you, (y/n). You just need to meet them. Have patience and good things will happen, sweety. Just like they always do." Gentle fingers ran through my hair as I smiled in my mother's direction, feeling my worries fall from me.

"Yes, Momma. I'll try to be patient."

--------

It took a few weeks before we were allowed to visit the new tribe that had started building their homes into the mountainside. Standing beside Momma and Papa I could feel them staring at us, hear the whispers that ran from one person to the next. Feeling my father's hand rest gently upon my head, I leaned against his side and smiled up towards him, reaching up and grabbing tight to his warm hand.

I giggled when I felt myself lifted and placed onto his broad back, my arms circling around his neck as he began walking forward, my mother's soft footprints following close behind. The whole time we were there trading, I could feel eyes following our movement, even when the whispers finally grew silent as we finally began leaving for our own home.

That night, even in my dreams I could feel the eyes watching me.

--------

It took months before the tribe's people began to actually accept us amoung them when we went to trade with them. I could still feel them staring at us whenever we arrived, but the whispers had finally stopped following us through the caves they were still digging for their home. The children never seemed willing to play with me, but I was used to playing alone.

I was sitting by myself when I heard the sound of bells ringing from further down the tunnel. Carefully standing up, I slowly began walking down the tunnel, one hand trailing along the side as I tried to follow the pleasant sound I could hear ahead of me.

Step after step, I moved further away from my mother, the sound slowly moving down the tunnel ahead of me. It had begun to feel like a game and I could feel the smile grow on my face. My steps became less cautious as I sped up my movement until I was almost racing down the hall to reach the bells dancing ahead of me, laughter pouring from my mouth. What fun I was having!

Suddenly the world tilted as I tripped over something on the ground, bringing my hands in front of my to try and cushion my fall. When I felt pain in one of my knees, I let out a loud wail, rolling onto my side and grabbing at the throbbing joint. In the far distance of the tunnel, I could hear my Momma calling out to me, panic in her voice.

The sound of bells faded into the distance, unnoticed beneath the pained sobs that had begun filling the air.

--------

It was over a month before I was allowed to go with one of my parents to the village again. Day after day of laying in bed, unable to move without feeling pain. Week after week of being reminded not to wander off alone like last time. A month to heal enough to walk without needing to use something to brace myself against.