Kisumi (Free!) - Rumors

Here is your Kisumi oneshot kuramochi , sorry it took so long to be written and posted! Please forgive me for making you wait forever!

Sorry for the long wait between oneshots! Although holidays ended, I have been really sick one and off for the past couple weeks. Although I am still not 100% better, I am feeling at least good enough to spend a bit of each day writing, so expect oneshots to start showing up every now and then. I am trying to work on the oldest requests first, but will likely write whatever I have inspiration for. With no further interruptions, please enjoy this long awaited oneshot!

I held out my hand to the young man, hesitantly wondering if he would accept my request. I was almost shocked when I felt his gentle grip wrap around my fingers before he gave a simple nod of agreement. Letting go of my hand, he turned silently and walked away, not having spoken a single word since I'd asked the one question that hand been burning through my mind for what seemed like forever.

I couldn't help gazing at my hand in wonder, a grin slowly appearing on my face, as I turned back around and headed home for the day. I would need plenty of rest for tomorrow. After all, it was to be the start of something I'd yearned for since I'd seen him swimming once.

I'd somehow just known he was the one. Sadly, it took a very long time to work up the courage to ask him. It had never helped that he never seemed to notice me during the few years that followed, even when we shared classes.

--------

"Are you sure it's okay? You really don't mind?" I asked hesitantly, trembling slightly from a mix of fear and excitement.

At his silent nod, one corner of his mouth lifting ever so slightly, I couldn't help but feel the excitement grow.

--------

I collapsed into bed that night, tired after having spent hours with the pink haired boy. I'd never realized it would be so exhausting or that he would keep me out for so long, but not once did I regret asking him.

Turning over on my side, I yawned tiredly before falling fast asleep, a small grin remaining on my face long into the night.

--------

A couple of weeks passed before I heard the gossip that had been spreading through school. Blushing at the , I hurried to the classroom and spotted the pink haired teen, slouched upon his desk with his face hidden against his arms.

"Kisumi, I'm so sorry! I never meant for rumors like those to be spread! If I'd known asking you for help would lead to such a misunderstanding... I'm so sorry!" Hearing his responding sigh, all I could do was look at him in concern as he raised his head and met my eyes, his usual smile missing from his face.

"It's not the rumors that I have a problem with, (y/n). The problem is with the fact that they are only rumors. How long will it take you to realize that I agreed to teach you to swim because I wanted to spend time with you? Can't you tell I like you?!" The frustration in both his voice as he grasped at his hair, told me that he wasn't kidding with me like he usually would. There was no playing this off as a joke.

Feeling my eyes begin to sting, I turned and ran from the room, confusion and shock leaving me unable to think of the impact such a reaction might have on the boy I left sitting in the classroom, a slightly broken smile on his face as he buried his head in his arms once more.

Nobody in the classroom commented on the redness of his eyes during the last few classes of the day, nor on the absence of a certain (h/c)-haired student.

--------

It wasn't until a couple weeks had passed that I finally felt able to face him, having spent the whole time thinking about his confessed feelings towards me and the feelings I'd discovered I had hiding within my own heart for him. Having left him without an answer proper response for far too long, I braced myself and walked into his classroom, unable to wait for a shared class as I wanted to apologize before any more time had passed.

"Kisumi, I'm so-" I froze as I looked at the student that was sitting on his desk, hands on his shoulders as their lips met.

This time when I ran out of the room, my hands were clenched against my aching chest, like they could somehow keep my heart from shattering at what I had witnessed. If only it could be so easy to hold such a fragile thing together.

This was supposed to be fluffy, but my hands vetoed that and made me write angst instead!