No. ➳ Bucky Barnes

A/N: Because I'm not having any inspiration and because I'm bored as hell in my house. Thank you everyone for reading this, and I hope you have a nice day.

Enjoy

**********

"You think this is a joke to you? You're going to war and you laugh about it like it's nothing?" your trembling voice echoed through the room.

"Look doll, I know it's war but you have to accept that I'm doing this willingly. I'm not taking this as a joke, what else do you want me to do? Cry about it?" Bucky scoffed in disbelief of your words. He knows it's gonna be hard for you, but it's not like he has a choice. Steve going gave him a chance to be with his friend. And clearly you didn't understand that.

"Don't cry baby, you know I can take care of myself without you there, huh?" Bucky hugged you tightly while you sobbed into his chest, wet spots covering his shirt. You crying made him feel guilty and sad inside.

"I'll miss you so much and you know that. I'll send you letters when I get the chance. I'll pray every day for your safety and mine. I'll come home healthy to you. I promise." His little speech made you cry even harder. You can't believe he's leaving you. Bucky kept comforting you and giving you small talks. You laughed and cried throughout it.

"You're comin' home safely?"

He nodded.

"Healthy."

He nodded.

"In one piece?"

He nodded again.

"You promise?"

He kissed your lips softly and nodded in reassurance. Finally you smiled a little, it was what Bucky was longing for, he loved seeing you smile.

He chuckled, then hugging you again. That night you both spent it cuddling and telling each other stories, speaking words of love and comfort.

*********

It was finally the day he left. You cried more than you thought you would.

"I love you, remember everything I told you and my promise." He kissed you one last time and he left. That night you couldn't sleep just thinking of him getting hurt, the spot next to you was empty and cold. Your mind was foggy for a week, you kept worrying. Then a letter came in the mail, making you very excited.

"(Name)! We have been training really hard, and have been busy lately. Hopefully I'll be able to send you more letters in the future. I've eaten healthy and staying healthy for you. Get some rest and be healthy as well."

- With love, Bucky Barnes.

You expected the letter to be longer, with more words that showed you that he really was fine. Maybe even those 3 words you hadn't heard in a long time. But knowing Bucky, you weren't surprised by the short letter and he was busy so, he never had time to write.

Months passed by with letters coming in less and less by the weeks. You were starting to feel empty and lost without him. You sometimes didn't even eat, your worry for your boyfriend grew by the seconds. When he didn't write you a letter you thought the worst of it.

"Baby, I know haven't been writing to you a lot. I apologize, and I hope you forgive me. I know you must be very worried about me, but don't be okay? I'm perfectly fine, so things have happened and I can't wait till I get home and tell you these stories. I don't have much time anymore, hope you're doing fine and be healthy.

- With love, Bucky Barnes

You were grateful he was doing fine;  but you just couldn't stand not knowing what was going on. If only you could've travelled with him, everything would be different then. It's not like you wanted to be in this town anyway.

Those months passed into a year. Your friends told you that the soldiers were coming home soon. You were ecstatic; you were going to finally see him again, after that long year without him. You were starting to get really giddy inside and have a happy vibe.

Another month passed and one afternoon you heard a knock on your door. You were confused, but then you realized the soldiers were back! Bucky was back! You couldn't help but run to the awaiting door. You opened the door fast, your smile was soon replaced with a frown. It was Bucky's best friend, Steve.

His eyes glazed with water.

No.

He didn't have to say it, not a word. Before you can process anything, your knees met the ground in a loud thud. Tears flooded your cheeks in a rapid pace. Steve was holding you, trying to comfort you.

This couldn't be true.