[9] Stay Alive (Logicality)

Original: August 28, 2017

July 3, 2018
There is really not much to change here, it's practically perfection in a plate.

TW: Character death

Stay alive...

Stay alive...

"Where's my son?!" Patton shouted, bursting into the room. He was drenched in his own sweat due to the fact that he ran from the house all the way to the hospital.

"Mr. Sanders, come in. They brought him in a half an hour ago. He lost a lot of blood on the way over," the doctor said.

"Is he alive?"

"Yes, but you have to understand. The bullet entered just above his hip and lodged into his right arm."

"Can I see him please?"

"I'm doing everything I can, but the wound was already infected when he arrived-"

Patton cut the doctor off and rushed next to his son and said, "Roman."

Roman smiled weakly at his father. "Pa, I did exactly as you said Pa. I held my head up high, high, high~"

Patton was murmuring 'I know, I know, I know. Shhh'

Roman said, "Even though before we got to ten, I was a-aiming for the sky. I-I was aiming for the sky."

Patton said, "You did everything just right. Save your strength and stay alive~"

Logan bursted into the room, eyes full of tears and said, "No!"

"Logan..."

"Is he breathing?! Is he going to survive this?! Who did this, Patton, did you know?!"

Roman weakly took Logan's hand, changing his attention toward his dying son.

"Mom, I'm so sorry for forgetting what you taught me."

"My son-"

"We played piano."

"I taught you piano."

"You would put your hands on mine."

"You changed the melody every time."

"Ha, I would always change the line."

"Shh... I know, I know."

"I would always change the line..."

"Un deux trois quatre cinq six sept huit neuf."

"Good. Un deux trois quatre cinq six sept huit neuf."

"Un deux trois..."

"Sept huit neuf...

Sept huit-..."

A loud scream was heard throughout the hospital that day.

ALTERNATIVE ENDING

"Roman, I told you not to eat that much Crofters!!"