[131] (Logince)

Written: I... wasn't able to keep track of time.
Notes: This is honestly me trying to be creative and not die.

Understanding emotions was different enough for him. But understanding his own emotions was extremely taboo and unpredictable. It was like a game of rock, paper, and scissors; you will never know what you throw down until it was the absolute last minute. That was how Logan felt this time. His emotions were getting the best of his factual judgment and it is starting to become highly irritating without a doubt. It hurt him to the bone to experience this inconsequential addition to his body. Emotions were never really Logan's forte to begin with after all so he was not into researching about it. Besides even if he did, he wouldn't understand a thing.

"Hello and greetings there, Nerd!" Roman's voice piped up, making Logan jump from his seat and fall onto the floor with a loud thud. He glared at the smiling trait who seemed to not notice Logan's infuriated state and suddenly, his heart felt like it was trying to burst through his ribcage with incomprehensible speed. Logan worried that his heart would give up on him. He felt his glare soften a tad bit but he didn't let it show. He didn't want Roman to know that his heart did this metaphorical backflip whenever he was around or just the mere mention of his name made him rather speechless.

Both Patton and Virgil knew about Logan's deep infatuation for the fanciful trait but neither of them spoke a word about it. They are not obliged to do so and even if they had told him of their hypothesis, Logan would push it aside as a frivolous thought. Another thing would be it was because he would want to find out and explore his own emotions by himself. Patton and Virgil had offered their assistance and expertise (more like Patton, Virgil just wanted to be the moral support) but as expected, he politely declined with a strained smile on his face. It was clear that he is carrying all this weight on his own shoulders by himself. Afterall, emotions were never his forte.

"Salutations, Roman. Is there anything that I can do for you that does not require for you to jump behind my back?" Logan asked, his face and demeanor never wavering. As he had suspected from the prince, Roman gave a loud boisterous laugh that filled the entire common room. It was currently just the two of them there alone since Patton and Virgil are currently residing at Patton's room, going through some old videos and probably watching some movies. (Logan may have overheard their conversation and Virgil suggested they watch the "Nightmare Before Christmas" on repeat, though Patton didn't seem to have any objections.)

Roman settled down next to Logan as his laughter slowly died down, leaving the common room in uncomfortable silence. Logan liked the quiet, no–he loves the peace and quiet he gets whenever he was alone to his own antics and whatnots. It helped him obtain the concentration he needed and sometimes, it helped his mind wander through the depths of whatever he decided he was thinking of. However, this was a different kind of silence. It was that kind if someone or something was suffocating you slow and patient. It was that kind that would drag you rock bottom of the ocean and chain you there, keeping you from ever seeing the sun. That's exactly how Logan felt sitting so close to Roman who obliviously started to stare curiously. Logan raised a hand to Roman's face. He asked Roman, with his face bored as ever never minding the ever growing blush that started to form when he had caught Roman's gaze upon him. "Is there something on my face or are you just glad to see me?"

"I assure you that I am indeed quite joyous to see you as well. I must ask, though, are you happy to see me as well?" A smirk graced itself upon Roman's lips. Logan sent another scowl at Roman's way; the way his heart is currently reacting–beating rapidly and sending goosebumps up his skin. Logan merely shivered at that. Roman noticed and took a step back, bowing in a grand gesture, a gesture only he could ever pull off, and disappeared from his sight.

'He must've gone back to Imagination. It was foolish of him to think that I would care for someone as egotistical as he is... right?' Logan thought as he stood up, finally noticing that he still sad dumbly on the floor for the past few minutes. "The least he could've done was apologize and assist me back up... that self-centered halfwit..."