[133] Rain-Watching (Platonic Analogical)

Written: October 15 & 16
Note: Guess who finally decided to type this oneshot down from my notebook that I use at school? This human!

Virgil loved the rain. There is no doubt about it. He knew of the dangers of why it was feared by most people around the world but he found it quite welcoming to be honest. It made him feel as if he is a part of a whole he never thought he would ever be a part of. It never occurred to him that these dangers would cause him greater harm than anything. And yet, he still didn't mind.

Logan, on the other hand, didn't understand the concept of why he, Virgil, loved the rain far more than Patton, which is saying a lot considering the fact that Patton loves most of all the things that could possibly be loved (except spiders of course. Patton has made it exceptionally clear of that when he ran out of a room when he spotted one small spider that managed to get inside).

It is currently raining in the mindscape. How? Logan can't exactly pinpoint why. But he is absolutely certain that whatever weather it is outside with Thomas must be reflecting in the mind. Logan found Virgil perched in his usual spot by the opened window with his eyes closed as if to greet an open bullet. (Now that was not a pleasant thought, was it?) He just hopes it's not a bullet he would be welcoming.

Logan sat beside the calm trait and looked out the open window. He never did this in all of his existence, after all he is very busy and rarely did he have any breaks. He never watched the rain with such an intent it almost, almost is the keyword, calmed his nerves down as well. Logan looked over to Virgil, who seemed to look almost peaceful. It made Logan's cheeks warm up. He faked a cough to get Virgil's attention.

"I do not see the purpose of watching the rain. Is there something about it that you relate to?" Logan inquired, his voice was so soft that it wouldn't be heard over the loud rain.

"I guess it's dumb but I find myself relax to it. It's like... being a bird resting in its nest next to a waterfall. Even if the water would eventually hit the bird and its little nest, it still stayed calm for the most part," Virgil replied, voice soft as well. Logan nodded and understood what Virgil was trying to explain. "Besides, I like the way rain smells."

"Mhm..."

Both smiled at each other and looked out the window. To their surprise, a couple of birds took shelter under the tree and nuzzled to each other and seemed to ignore the strong and harsh winds around them.

Calm.