[91] Crowned Queen (LAMP)

Original: May 22, 2018

July 11, 2018
Very kinda sorta proud here.
TW: Homophobia, I guess?

Roman sighed as he heard they were going to announce the prom king and queen. It wouldn't be a surprise for him if he actually won the King's crown.

It was so obvious and cliché that he would. What he wondered was, who would be his queen? He hoped that it wasn't going to be some girl who would be all demanding. He also hoped that it wouldn't be a girl from the cheerleading squad.

He hoped it wasn't actually a girl, since he had his boyfriends.

"Roman, there you are! They're going to announce the king and queen soon!" Patton, one of his boyfriends, said. The other two, Virgil and Logan, being dragged by him, complaining that they could walk by themselves.

"Is it really necessary that he would have to attend? We already know that he would be the king," Logan said, pushing his glasses up (with his third finger).

"Yeah, Pat. We can just hang out here and wait til he's announced winner." Virgil said, stuffing his hands inside his pocket.

Roman sighed and stood up, saying, "I would have to attend. I just really hope that the queen is accepting of me."

Patton went to say something but someone else cut them off.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Gather around for the announcing of this year's prom King and Queen!"

They all sighed and entered the gym again. Roman felt his hands start to sweat and fidgeted with the edge of his shirt.

Patton noticed this and held his hand, smiling reassuringly. Logan did the same, except on the other. He didn't smile but the touch was warm and comforting.

Virgil tried to be difficult and hugged Roman from behind, which he didn't actually mind at all.

(I need to see this part drawnnnnnnn! I still do.)

"Alright, is everybody ready?!" Their classmate, Remy, shouted. He wore his leather jacket and shades everyday, even if it was night. He held the microphone in one hand and his Starbucks in the other.

Cheers rang through the entire gym. Remy chuckled, "Alright, bros. Y'all wanna know who this year's King and Queen are?!"

Logan winced. "His grammar is horrible."

Roman laughed. Only Logan would notice that at such particular event.

"Alright, the winner of this year's King is no other than Roman Prince!"

Cheers grew louder as Roman pushed himself to the stage, giving everyone his signature smile. He heard two distinct voices and turned to it.

It was definitely Patton and Virgil, screaming their loudest. Logan smiled and gave him a thumbs up; Roman gave one back.

"Alright, calm down everyone! This year's Queen is... Erin Myers?"

The entire room broke into whispers and gasps as a tall and thin girl walked onto the stage. She definitely had the face of someone who Roman knew.

She walked as if she were to collapse if someone even spoke. She was the total opposite of what Roman thought would be the Queen.

"Hey," she whispered to Roman. "I'm sorry that your boyfriends couldn't be the queens."

Roman chuckled. "It's fine, Erin."

Erin blushed and hid her face in her hands. "I used to have a crush on you but I knew back then that we weren't meant to be."