[45] Apathetic

Original: October 15, 2017

July 8, 2018
Mmm... Tired.. Night...

ap·a·thet·ic
ˌapəˈTHedik/
adjective
showing or feeling no interest, enthusiasm, or concern.

ಥ_ಥ brought to you by ze author ಥ_ಥ

Patton walked down the hall of the mind as usual. Nothing really exciting happened, really. Even though it was, Patton didn't know how to act. After all, something does feel wrong about him.

Patton felt nothing in him stir. Happiness? Sadness? Anything? Nope. Patton started to feel worried, but then he stopped.

Why did he worry? It's not like the end of the world was coming. Patton shook these thoughts away as he walked towards the common room to see the others lounging there.

He saw Virgil scrolling through his phone (most probably at Tumblr), Logan at his book (where else would he be?), and Roman just sitting there, looking contented.

"Greetings, Patton!"

"Salutations, Morality."

"'Sup."

The sides greeted Patton. Patton didn't jump up and down nor did he do anything. He just grabbed a seat next to Logan and sat down, grabbing the nearest book and started to read.

To say the others was shocked was an understatement. They were shocked at Patton's actions. Virgil looked over to the side and said, "Hey, dad? Are you alright? You seem out of it lately."

Patton shrugged as he kept reading. Roman decided to say something. "Hey, Patton! I just slayed the dragon-witch this morning! Wanna know how?"

"That's nice.." Patton responded, still sounding bored and kept reading again.

There must be something wrong with Patton.

Logan finally broke the deafening silence and said, "Patton, there are dogs outside."

"Are there?" He stated and looked over the window, and sure enough, there were two dogs outside.

Patton blinked and looked back to his book and carried on. Logan, Roman, and Virgil knew that something was wrong.

Patton was still reading like nothing even happened. In fact, Patton looked really bored while he was reading. He looked like he was contemplating on something.

Logan decided to speak up. "I believe I have a theory on what is wrong with Patton."

"Really, nerd? Do tell.." Roman said, rolling his eyes at the logical triat. At this point, Patton would cut off the conversation and scold Roman for saying that to Logan, but he never did.

"Shut up, Princey. Don't you see that there is something wrong with Dad?" Virgil said, glancing over to the previously bubbly trait.

"Stop talking about me like I am not here," he said, before walking away, probably towards his room.

It was silent for a moment before Roman decided to speak up. "I was thinking-"

"Woah, Roman's thinking! Is this the end of the world or what?" Virgil stated, sounding as snarky as always.

Roman breathed in and out, clearly trying not to be pissed about that. "As I was saying, I think there is something wrong with our fellow trait."

"Agreed, he does seem... off."

"I gotta admit, you guys act like clueless morons."

"We get it, Virgil. We are clueless morons. Can we move on now?" Roman said and turned to Virgil who looked like he won the Olympics or something.

"Nah, that wouldn't be necessary. I've done my part in this conversation," Virgil said, as he went back to look at his nearly forgotten phone.

"Oh no, you don't, Virgil! We have to talk about this. This is Patton we're talking about. There has to be something wrong with him," Princey exclaimed, anxious by what is happening around him.

"Agreed, however, I believe I have a theory on what is wrong with Patton," Logan stated, causing whatever was happening between the other tell sides to disappear.

"What is it, Logan?"

"I believe that Patton is feeling apathetic."

"Apa-what now?" Roman said, clearly confused about the word. Virgil visibly, mentally, and, if it were possible, emotionally face palmed at the dumbness of the creative trait.

How stupid is he?!

Logan sighed. "Apathetic. Clearly you haven't heard about this word. Apathetic means showing or feeling no interest, enthusiasm, or concern. That is what Patton is displaying right now. He has literally no concern, interest, or enthusiasm about anything. Just like the dogs. Usually he would go crazy about it, but since he feels apathetic, he wouldn't care as much about it as he should."

"Oh," Princey said.

"Yeah, oh, is there anyway we could cure him?" Virgil asked.

"Yes, however, we need the participation of Patton here. He needs to break out of the cycle, meaning he has to stop doing the same things over and over. Next, he has to find the source of apathy. After that, he could talk to us because we are his family or friends. Lastly, examine his isolation."

"Oh, well. I hope he gets better," Roman said, glancing towards the hallway where the rooms are.

"Don't we all?"

So, they helped Patton everyday, little by little. Patton slowly started getting better and he becoke his normal jolly self.