[94] I Was Happy (Platonic Logince)

Original: May 24, 2018

July 12, 2018
Idk anymore.
TW: Slight angst?

Logan wasn't always the way he was right now. He was just as carefree as Roman, as helpful as Patton, and as cautious as Virgil. He was the balance of all three of them.

Plus the fact that he liked adventure, he was really close to Roman (for his love of adventure and that he got a first hand experience, which greatly appealed to Logan's experiments).

Then again, he liked adventure. He was the balance. He used to be close to Roman. All changed on a fateful day, when he and Roman went out.

×××

Logan squealed as they walked through the forest of Imagination. "Where are we going, Roro?! Is it going to be cool? Pretty? Amazing?!"

Roman sighed and smiled as he looked at his younger brother. Well, technically the sides aren't siblings but they were very close. "We're going to see the dragon-witch. No, it may not be that pretty and yes, it's going to rock!"

Logan smiled and asked much more questions, "Is it the meanie that always hurts you? Are you going to fight it? You're gonna beat the dragon-witch, right?!"

Curiosity was always a flaw for Logan, just as pride was for Roman. On rare occurrences, Roman and Patton would just sigh when Logan would ask them questions to the point it gets so deep they wouldn't know the answer.

Sadly, Patton was back at the mind, tending to their new younger brother, Virgil. So, he was stuck with Logan. Not that he didn't mind...

Roman chuckled and said, "I see you've been paying attention to my stories, little one. Yes, it is the foul beast that has been hindering me from ruling my kingdom properly."

Logan gasped and said, "Oh no! Will you defeat it?! Will you, will you, will you?!"

"Only time can tell, Logan. Time can tell."

Suddenly, a tremor came to the forest, knocking Logan off his feet. Roman went to help his younger brother, who whimpered and cuddled close to him. "W-What's happening, Roro?"

"She's here..." Roman said, placing Logan aside and drawing his sword. "The dragon-witch is here."

A column of fire bursted from the east side of the forest and the dragon-witch finally appeared. Since Thomas was really young, the dragon-witch was really big and really scary. It looked just like Maleficent except that it could throw random potions.

"We meet again, dragon-witch," Roman said, pointing his sword at his foe, who laughed.

"Prince Roman, pleasure to meet you again. Oh, and who's this? Your little brother? I can't believe you would bring him here!" The dragon-witch called, making Roman mad.

All Logan could do was awe at the sight before him. He's never seen a dragon or witch before, but he's seeing a dragon-witch right now! A million thoughts swarmed in his mind.

He couldn't wait to ask Roman all about it.

"Shut up, witch. This is just between you and me. Leave my brother out of this," Roman said, snarling.

The witch attacked but was immediately deflected by Roman, who skillfully used his sword to bruise the witch. "Is that all you've–"

Roman was flung to the tree next to Logan by the dragon-witch. He sighed and sat up, thinking of a way to defeat this monstrosity.

Logan immediately pestered him. "How'd it go? Is it gone? Are we going to go home now? What's it like? What's her name–"

"Logan!" Roman yelled, causing Logan to jump back in fear. Logan felt tears spring into his eyes. "Just... Shut up, will you? Can you stop asking questions?!"

In fear that his brother would get angrier, he moved further away, hoping that his presence was not interrupting. Suddenly, Roman stood up and ran up to the dragon-witch.

In a flash, the witch was dead. At this point, Roman knew that Logan would run up to him and ask for questions. He turned around, hoping to see the small boy run up to him.

Instead, Logan walked slowly up to him, sniffling. Roman knew that he may have accidentally bursted at Logan and sighed, "I'm sorry, Logan. I just... I was busy and you were sort of getting in my way."

"I-I understand.."

They walked back to the Mind, hand in hand. Yes, they are still alive. Yes, they are still brothers. The only thing that changed was Logan's mindset.

The days passed as Logan grew older and wiser. Everyday, Patton and Roman would try to get him out of the mind but he would always refuse, saying that he was too old.

But they know the truth. Roman knew the truth.

He knew it was all his fault and he never forgave himself for it. Logan never paid attention to Roman anymore that was why he gave out of this world ideas that would be cancelled out by Logan for being 'unrealistic'.

In reality, both were crying in the inside. Logan still kept the picture of when they were all still kids in his wallet, tear stained and crumpled from all these years.

Roman had the picture Logan drew for him when they were younger. Torn and breaking...

Just like the both of them.