[80] Love Like You (Logicality)

Original: May 12, 2018

July 11, 2018
I really love Logicality.

Logan sighed as he dropped his pen onto the desk. The Mind was seemingly quiet and it also seemed that Virgil and Roman went out onto their very first date.

(Thanks to Patton and Logan, of course.)

Patton was off shopping, Remy was sleeping (it's still 2:30PM, just so you know), Deceit went to his small tiny cave (that he refuses to get out of), and Thomas was with his family.

Logan got up, stretched, and headed down to the common room. He made sure no one was looking before he went up to a small cased instrument: a ukulele.

It was his pride and joy to be able to play one (out of eight) instrument professionally. But he can't seem to project his voice like he wants to.

He doesn't know how to be big and bold like Roman, reassuring and soft like Patton, or even nervous and baritone like Virgil.

He was just... Logan.

Maybe for some reason, he wanted to try to project his voice. He got the ukulele and played the first song he learned, Love Like You by Rebecca Sugar.

First, his movements were sloppy and his voice sounded like a robot was singing.

"If I could begin to be
Half of what you think of me
I could do about anything
I could even learn how to love~"

Logan started to feel the beat and sped up his strumming and his voice grew louder and louder. It seemed that he really wanted to 'sing his heart out'.

"When I see the way you act
Wondering when I'm coming back
I could do about anything
I could even learn how to love
Like you..."

Patton arrived back to Logan's voice. He was astonished. How could one be so logical and yet have so much passion and emotions within him?

"I always thought I might be bad
Now I’m sure that its true
‘cause I think you’re so good
And I’m nothing like you..."

Logan was definitely feeling the moment here. He thought of the moments where he said the most logical things and it seemed wrong to the others.

Maybe it was because he thought of the logical way out but not considering what they could possibly contribute to the whole plan.

He thought of how Patton felt when he would secretly cry onto his cardigan and recompose himself, saying that everything is going to be fine when in reality, nothing is.

"Look at you go
I just adore you
I wish that I knew
What makes you think I'm so special..."

Logan feels himself tearing up and his vocal cords gave up. He stops strumming and freezes for a moment. Patton almost stopped breathing. Did he...

Did Logan really think that way? The song did sound like he portrayed as the person who is being referred to.

Logan sniffled and continued slowly.

"If I could begin to do
Something that does right by you
I would do about anything
I would even learn how to love..."

Patton smiled at that thought, teaching Logan how to love... Logan does sound like he is certainly interested in learning the human bodies' hypothalamus.

"When I see the way you look
Shaken by how long it took
I could do about anything
I could even learn how to love like you..."

Logan's strumming slowed down again, he felt another wave of tears come up again.

"Love me like you..."

Patton made his presence known by clapping loudly. "That was great, Logan!"

Logan turned around and gaped, "H-How long have you been there?"

This was just embarrassing for Logan. A logical trait, being too emotional. Patton, on the other hand, seemed quite pleased. "I'm glad I could hear you sing..."

Logan's face turned beet red. "You think so?"

Patton gave a knowing wink. "At least I know that you like me now~"

Feeling way more embarrassed now, Logan buried himself into his knees and stuttered out. "G-Good deduction."

"Wanna know something else~?"

"What is it?"

Patton placed his two fingers underneath Logan's chin, and forced Logan to look him in the eyes. He smiled as he said his words in a sing song tone.

"I like you too~"