[88] Cliché (Prinxiety)

Original: May 19, 2018

July 11, 2018

"Come on, Virgil. I'm bringing you to my favorite spot in Imagination!" Roman said, looking at Virgil with those dreamy eyes of his.

Ever since they started dating, Roman dragged Virgil everywhere. Date? Out. Dancing? Out. Fighting the dragon witch and leaving Virgil vunerable except he had a sword that he didn't know how to use? Still out.

But this, this was new. Roman has never dragged Virgil to somewhere Virgil has never been.

"Oh, I just wanted you to be in a familiar place," he would say whenever Virgil asked why they were at a certain area.

This was his chance.

"Fine, but it better not include boats. Or swimming. Or water. Or–"

"I get it, Virgil. You don't wanna mess with your makeup. You don't need to hide that face. Which is gorgeous, I do say so myself."

"We have the same face, Princey."

"Precisely, come on! This has nothing to do with water, well fifty percent, but still! No water."

He better not–

Nevermind.

"Urgh, fine. But don't you dare use that as blackmail ever again," Virgil scowled, picking up his powerbank and earphones. He shoved both into his pocket and made sure his phone was a hundred percent.

Roman bounced in place and smiled. "You are going to love it, Virgil! Patton loves it!"

"What doesn't he love?"

"Well, even Logan loves it!"

That was new. Whatever Roman showed Logan must've been good but..

Why was he the last one to know about it?

"Why didn't I know about this place?"

"Well, I had to bring them there and make sure that you wouldn't freak out about the bugs and stuff. They were kinda my practice for you..."

Virgil sighed, "Lead the way."

They swerved deep into the forest of Imagination, Roman obviously leading the way. They also managed to bump into Patton and Logan, who were both drenched.

"What happened to you guys?" Virgil asked, his eyebrow raising in suspicion.

"Well, someone just had do push me into a river," Logan said, glaring at Patton. "Luckily, the book was unharmed."

Patton giggled. "We better get back, don't wanna get a cold. Good luck, kiddos!"

It didn't take long before they stumbled across a clearing next to the lake. Virgil awed and turned to Roman.

"Is this–?"

"Virgil, turn around."

As Virgil did, he saw a table set up. It had food (spaghetti, as if this wasn't cliché enough) and a candle in the middle.

"This is way too cliché for my tastes."

Roman kissed Virgil's forehead. "But you love it."

Rolling his eyes, Virgil smashed his lips with Roman's, getting a small gasp from the prince. It lasted for a few seconds before he pulled away, blushing.

"Yeah, I did."