[15] Temporary Blindness (Logicality)

Original: August 31, 2017

July 4, 2018
Never get tired of good ole Logicality. I have too much of this...pfft it's my OTP, fight me.

All the sides were having a good day, great even. Virgil was jamming out his music in the common room, along with Patton, who was saying a lot of dad jokes, and Roman was just laughing at how terrible the jokes were.

However, there is something wrong and missing.

"Hey, kiddos? Have you seen Logan? I haven't seen him since dinner."

"So have I, Patton. Hey Virgil, maybe you should-"

A scream was heard. It wasn't just anyone's scream, it was Logan's.

They raced to his door down the hall and smashed down the poor piece of wood that seperated his room from the rest of the hall.

"Logan! We came as soon as we heard you screamed. Sorry about your door, we'll fix it later. What's wrong?" Roman yelled out, somehow in panic.

"I can't see."

"W-What?"

He shook his head furiously. "I can't see."

Logan's POV

"This can't be happening," I thought. I tried to stand but fail. I prepared for the impact until I felt two pairs of hands help me back up.

"Woah, take it easy there, Smarty Pants. Don't want you tripping on your face, right?"

That must be Virgil.

"Correct, Virgil. I believe I am experiencing temporary blindness," I said, calmly, but then stiffened. As a force of habit, I started to pull on my hair like madman would.

"Wait, if I am experiencing temporary blindness, then I would be no use to Thomas, which would mean that he cannot get his plans finished! He has a deadline on Monday. He also needs to schedule an appointment with-"

"Calm down, Logan. I'm sure that we may help you. And also, temporary blindness? I'm quite sure I have never heard of that."

"Well I am not really blind. I shall quote a paragraph from a website I just saw last night before I went to bed. 'Emotional stress per se does not impair visual function, but changes in posture, forceful eye closure, pressure on an eyeball, or even transient decreases in blood pressure can lead to brief dimming of vision. ... There are other causes of temporary vision loss that can be serious.'"

"Wait, hold on a second. I thought you didn't have any emotions."

"Falsehood. I merely dislike emotions, but I didn't mention that I don't have them. But what do I do?! Thomas will be upset if I don't finish this-"

"Princey and I got that covered. We'll tell Thomas to try and delay the plans for you, but if it cannot be delayed, we will do the work for you. Patton, here, will take care of you."

"Uhm, t-thank you, Virgil. Very well, then. I guess I must go back to sleep?"

"Yup."

I turned around, knowing my bed is literally behind me when I collapsed and just belly-flopped on my bed. I heard some shuffles and the door closing, signaling both Princey and Virgil leaving. This just means that Patton and I are left here.

"So what do you want to do?"

"I believe I should get some sleep. Sleep should allow my body to rest and heal and give my eyes relief from strain and bright lights."

"I see, would you want me to leave?"

"No. I said I should, but it doesn't mean that I will," I said, smirking. I know I am temporarily blind, but I can sense Patton's smile growing bigger and bigger.