[129] Social Gathering

Written: October 7
Ship: Analogical-ish??
Notes: Since it's kind of Halloween now, maybe I can write a oneshot related to Halloween parties. Even though I don't celebrate it.

He hated social gatherings and that was that. No matter what the occasion was or why he had to gather for whatever it was, it didn't sit well with him. The numerous amount of people around him was suffocating and honestly, he wished that he was back at home doing something better than standing around with a bunch of strangers.

Virgil blamed Roman for dragging him into this. It was a Halloween party Roman wanted to throw at his house since his parents were out and duh, being the dumb teenage kid he was, he wanted to trash his own house. Stupid rich kid.

It wasn't like he wasn't in the upper class, though he could say he was an upper middle class. He lived in a fairly big house and he had parents around him but sometimes, those could be overwhelming.

So here he was now, seated at the corner of the room with a glass of apple juice in his hand. He sighed as he looked at his friend, Roman, chatting with his not so secret crush Patton. He had to admit that Roman did have an okay taste but who could blame him when his crush was Patton? Patton is such a sweetheart and he there wasn't a day wherein no one smiled at him.

Chuckling slightly, he stood up and headed up the stairs to Roman's room. Thank goodness Roman was being a responsible citizen of America that he didn't decide to have alcohol in any of his drinks, unless someone placed any which was a bad thing. He huffed and entered the room, surprised to see someone else in there, sitting at the chair reading a book from Roman's shelf.

The teen seemed to wear rectangular black rimmed glasses and he also had piercing black eyes. His hair seemed to be dyed in a dying shade of purple, no doubt that it was quite old for some time. He also wore a black polo shirt and a blue themed necktie.

"Salutations, it seems that someone found me," the boy said, pushing his glasses up in suspicion. Virgil shrugged and plopped himself onto the bed, sighing. The boy looked over curiously and asked, "Is there something wrong? Or have you been dragged into this social gathering that Roman has thrown?"

"Yeah, something like that, I guess," he shrugged looking over. He couldn't deny the fact that the teenager before him is, indeed, handsome.

"I'm Logan, by the way. You seem to be staring at me for a considerable amount of time and I find it quite rude for someone to do so," Logan said, snapping Virgil out of his trail of thoughts. Virgil rolled his eyes.

"'m Virgil. I can't believe I actually agreed coming here since I'm absolute shit with social groups and stuff."

"We seem to be on the same page then. Patton dragged me here in hopes that I would socialize with other people my age but I cannot see why he would do such thing. Sometimes I even wonder how we ended up being friends," Logan chuckled at the end. Virgil felt his heart beat speed up a significant amount he thought it might explode.

"Same with Ro. Told me to come here to talk to other people but I end up hissing at them or scratching them."

"Are you sure you aren't the embodiment of a cat?" Logan said jokingly, looking up from his book for the first time which gave Virgil the opportunity to gaze into those dark mysterious eyes.

"For your information, I act like one but it doesn't mean I am one. Anyway, I came here to get away from everyone so I guess you also wanted to do the same?"

Logan nodded and looked back down at his book. "That is correct. Patton has always been the more eccentric one of the two of us. It is no wonder why Mother and Father prefer him more than me in any sense. They never wanted a child like me at all. Both are well-known actors and they didn't ask for a kid like me who would end up logical and... and... a kid who acted like a robot!"

"Woah dude, chill. Sounds like a lot has been building up on your plate, that's pretty rough," Virgil said, walking over and shoved his hands in his pocket, smiling awkwardly. He was glad Logan gave his own miniscule smile.

"It's a lot to keep in, considering the fact that my parents show obvious favor to him. They do not even acknowledge their own son but I suppose that if my grades were far too low, they wouldn't have kept me," Logan shrugged helplessly, wiping his eyes from the accumulating tears. He hoped that Virgil didn't notice. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't but he was glad he didn't push the matter.

"You know, since we're both lonely people who have hyper friends, maybe we should meet up sometime. I mean, if you want to," Virgil said, pulling the hood over his face.

"Are you... asking me out on a date with you?"

"W-What?! N-N-N-No, y-you misunderstand what I'm trying to say-"

Logan chuckled and nodded. Virgil felt a blush spread across his face even more. He knew that Logan had a smooth voice but his laugh is just so melodious that he could listen to it for hours. "I know. I was just kidding around."

Virgil smiled awkwardly and sat back down on the bed, looking at Logan from behind his hood and his bangs. "We could invite Patton and Roman when we meet up, you know? But they would get too caught up in their own world..."

"Quite alright. May I have your number? For this meet up purpose, that is. I will text you where our rendezvous point would be." It was Logan's turn to blush this time. It spread across his face, making him look much more adorable than Virgil thought he could be.

Virgil nodded dumbly and smiled. "You know, I don't exactly regret coming here to Roman's stupid party."

"Why is that?"

"Because if I didn't, I wouldn't have met you."