[77] First Date (Analogical)

Original: May 4, 2018

July 11, 2018
I'm so bored.

"What if I mess up, Roman?! This is, like, a one time opportunity! A-And–"

"Shut up, Emo Nightmare. I'm sure the Nerd would like you just the way you are. So, relax~"

"How does one relax if their date is like... in a few minutes from now?!"

Roman and Virgil were sitting on Virgil's bed as Virgil walked here and there to fix his things. It seemed that the Microsoft Nerd got the courage to ask Virgil out on a date and that Virgil agreed.

Since Patton was there to help Logan, it was Roman who (sadly) was helping Virgil. It's not that he didn't like then together but he wished he could work with the other one...

"I swear to the heavens if you panic one more time, I'm gonna strangle you."

"I am ANXIETY! I was born to panic."

"Chill, Virgil. That's all I'm asking you to—"

Knock knock knock knock

"Virgil, are you there?" A muffled voice that belonged to Logan asked from behind the door. As Virgil gulped, he neared it and opened the door.

Logan looked the same as always, except now his tie was more precise and he wore a blazer over his usual polo. Virgil raised his eyebrows and sighed, "Am I underdressed?"

Since he was informed that they were going to a very formal area, he had to look through his entire closet for the suit that he wore long before. Sadly, it was gone so he had to borrow or let Roman conjure up one that fit him perfectly.

"You're good, Virgil," Logan extended his arm out for Virgil to hold onto and led him out to the car that Logan had saved for. He opened the door like a true gentleman and said, "After you?"

Virgil gave a small blush as he entered and Logan went to the driver's seat. It was uncomfortably quiet and the tension was quite too thick for anything too serious happening.

"E-Er, where are we going? If you don't mind me asking," Virgil asked nervously, unconsciously playing with the cuffs of the suit.

"That wouldn't be a surprise now, would it? If I told you now... Here," Logan handed Virgil a handkerchief. "Use this for now. We're near."

Virgil knew he was not going to get more out of Logan's mouth and he decided to just stick to Logan's plan and get this over with.

As soon as they parked, Virgil would not believe his eyes. He was at the most expensive restaurant in the entire area! Not only was it expensive, it was rather well-known for their wine and such.

"W-Wow, Logan... This is... amazing..."

Virgil was speechless. It was truly astounding and he could not place his feelings to words.

"I know, Virgil. That's why I saved up enough money to buy you whatever you want from the meal," Logan said as he sits down on the reserved table they know occupy.

"Are you sure? I mean, I don't want to be a bother about this, I could—"

"Say no more, Virgil. I purposely left this out for months to have our first date. Nothing to worry about, Virgil."

As they ordered their food, Virgil couldn't help but feel quite sad at how much Logan was spending at this. First, the gas; second, the food; third, the transportation. Owning and driving a car isn't very cheap.

Virgil sighed for the umpteenth time and glanced over to Logan, who was on his phone, texting away to his clients from work.

He knew that dates don't usually go like this but they were friends since they were babies so it was natural for them to treat this outing like a normal dinner...

Except its in a fancy restaurant...

That served fancy food...

With fancy people...

Virgil snapped out of his thoughts as his small ass serving of food came into view. It wasn't as good as he hoped for and he knew his face showed it all.

Logan also wasn't enjoying the food as much and was also disappointed at how much people pay for this rich people food. Maybe it is just the tongue but it wasn't good at all.

They ate their food quite fast and left the restaurant (after paying, of course) and set back home.

"Well, that was one disappointing restaurant." Virgil said out loud as Logan nodded in agreement.

"I cannot say that it wasn't good but their texture was not something I had hoped and looked for. It was very disappointing."

"Wanna get some ice cream? I'm paying."

So they got ice cream, went home, and watched Netflix for the entirety for the date they had.

As Virgil felt himself fall asleep on the second season of Sherlock, he smiled, "Love you, Logan..."

"Me too, Virgil. I love you with all my hypothalamus."

END