[39] Just Have to Let Go Pt. 2

Original: October 9, 2017

July 7, 2018

Logan, Patton, and Virgil were doing their usual thing. Virgil was scrolling through Tumblr, and from time to time, he would switch from Tumblr to MySpace.

Logan, as usual was reading a book, but not just a book from Rick Riordan, seeing as he probably memorized each sentence word per word. He decided to read a book from the Lunar Chronicles, the first book to be precise. It was "Cinder" by Marissa Meyer.

Lastly, Patton was just watching puppy videos. Need I say more?

Was there a certain side missing? Surely not, they were all there... Or were they?

"Kiddos, have you seen Roman?" Patton asked, finally noticing the disappearance of the trait.

"Surprisingly, I haven't seen him in a while. It's been... too quiet around here, though sometimes, quiet is good," Logan said, trailing off into thought.

"Yeah, Princey is not really around a lot. Not after what just happened," Virgil said, making the other three shiver at the thought of it.

"Surely, we haven't done anything wrong, have we?"

"The kiddo does seem really down in the dumps lately..."

"Should it be something we did?"

These thoughts came to the other three sides. They didn't notice another trait coming into the room.

"Greetings, wonderful citizens and you nerds!"

"Hi," Logan said, waving towards him.

"Oh my gosh, Roman. Where have you been?! You made me worried sick!" Patton said, now on full dad mode.

"Don't fret, Patton. I've been... everywhere, you know. Helping everyone in need." But not helping myself.

"Are you sure? I haven't seen you for a while. Also, have you been eating well? I cannot tolerate this kind of behavior, if that is the case," Patton said, looking Roman in the eye.

"Yeah, as I've said, don't sorry about me. I'll be off now, just came to drop by to say hello." For three times now.

"A-Alright, then. Take care!"

"Please do so, Roman. You know how Patton is with these situations."

"Yeah, Princey. You do not want to see a furious dad," Virgil added, concern dripping from his voice.

"Whatever, I'll be off!" And with that, Roman left the common room, leaving a flabbergasted Logan, Patton, and Virgil.

Logan's POV

There was a complete silence in the room. Everyone was clearly too shocked to speak.

"Okay, what just happened?!" Virgil said, looking very anxious, just like that time when the incident happened.

"I-I don't know! I wanna cry," Patton said, looking like he was going to burst at any moment.

"Don't worry, Patton and Virgil. We can find out what just happened by finding the root of this problem. Now, this may sound too far off, but I have a theory. Is everyone still following me on this?"

They both nodded. Wow, for once they paid attention to me.

"I believe that Roman is feeling... how do you say this... unneeded? I am unsure about this, because ever since after the incident, Roman would look like he is expecting something to come from out mouths-"

"You mean vomit or blood?!"

"Virgil! No, that's not what I meant. I mean is, Roman just wants a 'thank you.'

Patton and Virgil looked at each other, realization dawned onto their features and 'facepalmed' at the same time.

"Of course! How could I be so stupid? That dumb Prince keeps helping us even though we told him not too," Virgil said, clearly irritated by the situation.

Patton still looked like he was in the verge of tears. His eyes now looked very watery, and tears started to escape.

"How could I not see this sooner?! It's all my fault that Princey is like this. ALL MY FAULT!" Patton screamed the last bit, nearly breaking my eardrums in the process, but they were not as important as the situation at hand.

I did the first thing that came into my mind, which was to hug him. I know that I am not a 'hugger', but Patton needs a little bit of interaction to soothe him.

"It's alright, Patton. There is nothing to worry about, all we can do is do the thing that Princey wants us to do. Poor Prince, I hope he's okay," Virgil said, looking more anxious and concern than ever.

With that thought in mind, I walked towards the creative side's room, Virgil and Patton behind me, and knocked.

"Roman? Are you sure you are alright, you have been awfully quiet lately and I just want to know why this has happened."

"D-Don't worry about me," I hear Roman say, which sounded a lot like he was crying.

"Roman? Please open up, I do not like to see people, or sides in this case, sad or frustrated. It makes me feel bad," Virgil said, tears nearly coming out.

"Virgil, I told you I am fine. You don't have to worry about me, just go do your thing with Logan and Patton."

"No, you are not. Just... open up, Princey. You can't hide all your problems away from us. We can help you," Patton said, sounding very desperate.

I saw Roman's door open a bit, and I saw a crying Roman on the bed, crying not so quietly. I rushed to his side, along with Patton and Virgil in trail.

"Oh, Roman. Why didn't you tell us?"

"Because I'm a Prince? Because I have to put other people's needs in front of my own? I really don't know. As you know, being Thomas' ego really doesn't help in these kinds of situations," Roman stated, trying to brighten up the mood in the room.

"Princey, you know that you have limits, but why are you trying so hard? We care for you, Princey-Roman. Just... let us help you, please," Virgil stated, holding Roman's hand close to his chest.

"A-Are you sure? I really don't want to be a bother to all of your work," Roman said, looking at each one of us in the eye.

"Sure, kiddo! We can always spend time with each other," Patton said, nearly shocking me because I almost-almost- forgot that he was there.

"W-Well, okay. Since we are doing nothing now, what shall we do?"

"Well, there is always time for Disney, isn't there?" Virgil proposed.

"We could watch a movie, Roman's choice. As a thank you for helping us during that... time," I said.

Roman kissed each one of our cheeks, making all of us blush madly. He laughed, "So that's how I look when I blush! Well, then? What are we waiting for?! There are Disney movies we need to watch!"

And with that, he left the room, dragging Virgil by his hoodie, who was screaming and has dragged Patton by his arm, who caught my tie and dragged me along.

(That looks precious and I want it drawn... ;-; )

It was weird, but I knew one thing. Princey was back to how he should be.