[72] Butterfly

Original: April 5, 2018

July 11, 2018
Human High School AU. I was the Logan and this is still making me laugh so much—

It seemed like a fine Thursday at the Sander Sides High. The name itself was weird but no one bothered to care because it was one of the most prestigious high schools in Florida.

A teen with black framed glasses sat at the fifth column fourth row of the class with his friends, that were sitting diagionally from him. It was finally the last ten minutes of the class and everyone was busting to leave.

Logan (the teen) turned to his classmate Patton and had a small chat before something quite peculiar happened.

You see: there was a small insect that had managed to enter the class without anyone noticing it until they looked up to the ceiling. Alas, it was the butterfly.

It wasn't as beautifully colored like other butterflies. One could actually mistaken it as a moth, but due to its folded wings, it was easily identified as a butterfly.

Logan speculated it for a good fifteen seconds before it decided to fly. Roman, the friend that immediately took action, went straight to the window and opened it.

Of course, the butterfly took it as an invitation to leave and everyone in their corner cheered for it.

"Be free, little one! Be free," Patton cheered out. Roman hooted and Virgil smiled at it. Thomas, Talyn, and Joan were cheering as well and saying, "Go, go, go!"

Logan knew that something was off. It was usual to see a butterfly but... something was coming: that, he was sure.

As if on cue, everything went slow motion and a bird caught it on it's beak. It flew away, happily eating the butterfly they set free. It became chaos.

Patton and Roman started screaming at the bird that didn't care. Virgil shrugged and went back to the book he was reading, Thomas, Talyn, and Joan went back to sleep.

Needless to say, Patton cursed a lot at the bird.

Finally, after a few moments of being amused, Logan said,

"That, my friends, is the circle of life."