[124] Part of Your World (Logicality)

Written: September 8, 9
Ship: Logicality
Note: I was supposed to make this angsty but then I remembered it shouldn't. Oh well!

Patton was never one to follow the rules and everyone around him knew that about his personality. Despite being the King's first born son, Patton was quite hard to deal with.

Yes, he may have the sense of humor of a dad but that doesn't mean that within him, his personality is of one. No, he is a literal ball of sunshine wherever he goes. Whether you have a good day or not, he manages to make that day even a thousand times brighter.

A literal ball of sunshine and everyone cannot disagree from that.

So here Patton was, swimming outside the borders of his own father's territory, unaware of where he is right now. It was not like he actually cared about it either. He wanted to be a carefree spirit and life just wasn't unfair.

Patton giggled softly as he looked up to the sky (well, what he was told was the sky). He swam upward and pushed his head up, feeling the familiar breeze sweep through his wet scales. He shivered but noticed that he was not alone.

At the distant shore, it seems like a young teen has found asylum at the shore since he sat in complete silence and looked like he was meditating.

'What an odd creature… he has four tails?' Patton questioned to himself. Never has he ever seen in his life this kind of species. Then again, there isn't much of what they knew of the surface above.

'Should I approach him? But he looks so peaceful… maybe I can talk to him,' Patton debated within himself. With the voices in his head debating whether he revealed himself or not, said species on the shore opened his eyes.

He couldn't believe what was before him at a distance. An actual mermaid–well, merman in this case. He looked at the physical appearance of the creature and awed at how beautiful he seemed. His skin was light blue and hair was a lovely shade of purple. He also had kelp tied loosely around his neck. Possibly a jacket of some sort? He didn't know.

Logan–which was the human's name, by the way–gawked openly as Patton turned and shaked his head, finally breaking out of his trance. When he glanced over and saw the human staring, he immediately swam over and smiled widely.

"Hello there, human! It's nice to meet you, I'm Patton!"

'Odd, do all merpeople talk as eccentric as he does? They must be a happy group of creatures,' Logan noted in his mind.

"Salutations, Patton," Logan replied cautiously at the creature. Surely, this had to be some sort of dream. But still, he wondered why in the world would he have this sort of dream…

"You're a funny looking merman, y'know?" Patton said, giggling at the end and lifting up his tail, making Logan gasp in fascination.

"Incredible…" Logan mumbled subconsciously, making Patton blush and put his tail down. "Y-You think so? My dad said it wasn't too 'royal' enough and it doesn't catch much attention…"

Logan nodded and replied. "Absolutely. I'm just entranced of how marvelous your tail is… I didn't think that your kind actually existed."

"So, we're like myths?" Patton asked, tilting his head. Logan gave a short curt nod before picking up the book that was set beside him. Logan gave a sad smile to Patton, who tilted his head in confusion.

"Yes, precisely what I thought but I knew that your kind isn't one to be to be just  a myth… still, the other people must think I'm crazy to think that you still exist," Logan said, chuckling. Patton can't help but feel his heart flutter and he smiled widely.

"I apologize but I must go now. Mother and Father would be furious if I stay out for too long," Logan said hastily standing up and dusting off the sand that got on his pants. Patton pouted sadly and asked softly, "You'll be here tomorrow, right?"

Logan gave a sly smirk before turning away, and running off not without getting the last word.

"See you soon, Patton!"