[44] Play Disaster (Prinxiety)

Original: October 14, 2017

July 8, 2018
So... It's 11PM... Yeah... I didn't change anything...

Roman, the star of the show, prince, and pretty much the protagonist of the show.

Virgil, the other star of the show, villain, and as you know, the antagonist of the show.

Some say that they aren't supposed to be friends due to the fact that Roman is all positive and Virgil is all negative.

But hey, opposites attract, am I right?

(´∀') mieh mieh (´∀')

(Pfft, past me... why?)

Roman's POV

Today is the day. The day I save the princess! Well not really, they say I am overdramatic but I am not!

I felt the adrenaline pump in and out of me as I walked onto the platform I was supposed to go.

This was the scene where the prince and the villain would meet, and I was nervous.

Nervous because I might mess this on up, and because I have never met the antagonist yet. True, we were supposed to practice our parts together, but the only time he is available was the time that I wasn't and vice versa.

I started to do my thing, and looked down and said my lines, "Greetings, fellow citizens! Where is the man I have to slay?"

"Look! It's Prince Roman! He's come to save us," Patton, who is my best friend, shouted as it was his line. I put on a brave face and said, "Yes! 'Tis I, the prince!"

"Your Highness, the citizens have complained that there is a bad man on the loose, lurking around the shadows," Logan, who played as a soldier, said.

"Where is this man—"

"Oh, look at what we have here," a voice said, which genuinely shocked me. I haven't heard this guy before, is he the villain?

I continued my line, "W-Who goes there?!"

"Aww, look! Its Prince Roman, I think I'll just call you Princey."

I knew that it was the man's line so I said mine, "Well, might I ask who you are? Seeing as you know my name."

"Why would I do that? That will just defeat the purpose of having a secret identity. The people hear call me Anxiety," Anxiety (seeing as here wouldn't tell me his real name) said, a bored expression on his face.

"Well, I must defeat you, no more chit chats!" I yelled out. He nodded in agreement, his eyes flickered somewhere below me and his eyes widened.

"Look out!" He yelled as he dashed towards me.

Wait, that isn't in the script—

I felt something under the platform break and before I knew it, I was falling.

I heard the audience gasp, even the cast, and I heard screaming as well. Is that me?

I braced myself for the upcoming impact but instead, I felt myself get caught by a pair of arms. I looked up to see Anxiety, looking over me.

"Oh my gosh, Roman! Are you okay?!" He said, clearly worried. I looked back at the set, and saw it was broken now.

I looked over to him, and said, "Y-Yeah, I think so."

The teachers were freaking out so bad, and they escorted the audience out of the auditorium. The cast were a bit shaken, but all in all, I could see that they were fine.

Logan and Patton came and Patton literally flung himself onto me.

"ROMAN! THANK GOD YOUR ALRIGHT! YOU WORRIED ME," Patton started ranting at how I should be careful and I saw Logan sigh.

"Roman, that was very risky as well, but I knew that you couldn't evade it as you always claim you can. Luckily, Virgil saw it and warned us when he said that. We all ran from the spots we were when it crashed. Your lucky he caught you."

"I know, but wait, Virgil?"

"Yeah, kiddo. He's the guy that is with us in every class, didn't you notice?"

When Patton said that, I finally did. I would notice a bit of black in the back but I never paid attention to it.

"I did, but I really didn't think about it," I said sheepishly. Patton then started to rant at how I should pay more attention to everything around me and I could hear Logan grumble.

"Thank you, Virgil," I said, trying to sound as genuine (which I am) as I could be.

"Don't sweat it, Princey."

"I thought that was your line in the play?"

"It wasn't 'til I told them about it, I always give people nicknames. Like Patton over here, I call him Dad. Logan, Logic or Nerd. You, Prince or Princey. Though I prefer calling you Princey."

"Oh, well.. Thanks again, emo nightmare," I said, feeling quite proud for that nickname I just gave him.

"No problem, but who knew?"

"Who knew what?"

"Who knew that the Prince also needed saving from the villain."

I turned red as I heard Logan, Virgil, and even Patton laugh about it. I knew it was a joke so I played along. Not that I mind anyway.

"Yeah, yeah, my chemically imbalanced romance," I said, waving him off. "I should be going. This play was a total disaster! My father should not be hearing of this."

"Well, why not? Also, if this play didn't happen, then you wouldn't have met me," Virgil said, a smirk evident on his face.

I heard Logan speak, which shocked me because I almost forgot that they were still there.

"As much as I would want to stay and chat with the both of you, do you mind moving? The staff is going to clean this up," he said, pushing his glasses up and fixing his tie.

"Hey! Did you know that your tie is a big arrow that's pointing to your dick?" Virgil stated out of the blue.

Logan's face went red, I kept laughing, and I could hear Patton scold Virgil, "Language!"

Virgil smirked, "English."

That made me laugh harder. Truly, I have the best friends ever.