[121] Deceit's Room Pt. 1 (Platonic DLAMP)

Written: August 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 15
Ship: Platonic DLAMP
Note: Part 1 because I got lazy. And guess who skipped the first day?!

Deceit notices certain things the other sides never see, and that includes the lies they tell each other every day. Even the simplest lies like “I’m fine” were so used that it would resonate in his ears and display the truth above their heads.

‘I’m hurting inside but you can't see it’ is what those words always say. He knew that was the most used line, since he was always around when they used it.

“I'm fine,” Patton said when he had ‘accidentally’ dropped the glass on his hand. When in reality, Patton just wanted the attention of others. They never took him seriously. He was just the happy pappy Patton. So, naturally they tended to his wounds, scolded him and left immediately without another word. Patton softly said, “You all don't see why I did this…”

“I'm fine,” Virgil muttered when they found out scars on his wrists. Virgil knew he was totally in trouble when they saw those, it was a complete accident. “I just hit something, I swear…”

“I'm quite alright, just… stressed,” Logan stated, when he was spotted curled up on his bed. Since he was curled up, the others had no choice but to leave a very stressed Logan behind. Deceit caught sight of his face and his heart broke when he saw Logan’s tear stained face.

“I'm fine! Actually, I'm most better than fine,” Roman had exaggeratedly said when Deceit asked him once when he seemed down lately. “What about you, Mister Snake? You seem quite dandy!”

“I'm not okay,” he lied casually. It was a habit for him to lie, and it seemed that it was also a habit for others too. It’s not healthy at all, Deceit thought. They are pushing each other away and this isn't how the mind is supposed to work. They are supposed to help, to solve, and to support each other.

Deceit snapped his fingers and smirked. “I don't have the perfect plan, and this isn't going to change anything.”

¶∆¶

The next day, Deceit walked into the kitchen, having full knowledge that Patton was already there. “Hello Patton,” he greeted the other side. Patton looked at him and smiled brightly. “Hey there, kiddo!”

Deceit could feel that the smile was rather fake than genuine but he knew that already. Patton faked so many smiles to the point nobody could count them anymore.

“Today isn't a fine day, is it?” Deceit asked. Maybe small talk would do to bring out Patton’s actual feelings. Patton gave a short brief nod and replied softly, “Today’s been great so far. Lo and I hung out in Imagination and Roman went with me to get some groceries done! Everything is fine!”

‘I'm not fine. Virgil is ignoring me, I know that I did something. I just know it and he will never forgive me.’

Bingo.

“What about you and Virgil? Did you do anything together?” He asked softly, not wanting Patton to have a surge of emotions overwhelm him. It usually happened, a surge of emotions would overcome Patton’s trail of thought and he would end up breaking down.

“The kiddo and I are just dandy. It's not like anything is wrong, haha…”

“Patton. Friday night, don't meet me at my room, we're not going to discuss something.”

Before Patton could protest, Deceit sank back down into his room, waiting for his other victims. He gave a tired sigh and flopped onto his bed. “This isn't tiring at all.”

He knew that he didn't have much time since Friday was drawing closer than ever. Logan and Virgil had agreed to go quite easily, since Virgil has been there before and knew the side effects for it. Logan just wants to know what effect it has around the others and himself for science.

Roman was a tricky one. The prince was much more stubborn than the three of the others combined. It seemed that among the four, Roman was clearly avoiding Deceit and has obvious hate toward Deceit. He wasn't trying to hide it at all.

Deceit knocked on Roman’s door carefully. It was already a Friday, that's why the other three were busy preparing themselves (for what? Deceit wasn't sure why either?) for this meeting up in Deceit’s room

“What do you want, Deceit?” Roman asked, opening his door widely showing his big scowl. Deceit smirked slightly, “You know my offer doesn’t still stands, it's almost time and the other totally not preparing for it. I don't hope to see you.”

“Why do you want me to join your party so badly?! You got Logan in it so it doesn't matter if I'm not there,” Roman stated, huffing. “Besides, it's not like I can't do anything right…”

“That's why we're totally not going to talk about it with the others. That's not why we're all going to meet up.”

Roman eyed Deceit suspiciously. “Are you sure that you're not going to trap us? I mean, I'm not saying that I don't really trust you but–”

“I get it, you do trust me. Everyone does! Please don't come to my room later?” Deceit pleaded. Roman growled but thought about it. The likeliness of Deceit attacking them was probable but then again… he could've attacked Roman right here and now.

“Fine, but do anything suspicious then I will have your neck.”

“Noted,” Deceit said, smiling nervously. ‘I hope that this goes well…’