[13] What is Love? (Logicality)

Original: August 29, 2017

July 4, 2018
Pffft, hoe can I shoot you? BABY DON'T HURT ME, DON'T HURT ME, NO MORE–

Logan's POV

What is the actual definition of love?

That is one question I cannot answer. You see, I am Thomas' logical side, I cannot answer things that are not related to emotions. They make me stumble and they are the bane of my existence. Or, to dumb it down for the rest of you all, it's too 'feelingsy'.

I sighed and decided to ask the other sides what they think this feeling, 'love', is.

I walked to Roman's door and knocked. I waited for a few seconds before his door opened and revealed a sleepy Roman. He must've been taking a nap.

"Salutations, Roman. I was going to ask you a question, but it seems like you are in no state to answer it. You may go back to, what you call, 'beauty sleep.'"

"N-No, its fine. I'm supposed to wake up anyway. What seems to trouble you, my fellow side?"

"What is the meaning of love?"

Roman seemed shocked of my question but still answered either way.

"Easy! It is when one puts his significant other's needs in front of theirs. What else is there you need?" Roman said proudly. That's probably the only thing he knew.

"Nothing, Roman. Thank you for your answer," I said as I walked away.

I checked my list.

Roman ✔
-put significant other's need in front your own.
Virgil
Patton

Up next, Virgil. I walked to his door and knocked, trying to be as quiet as possible. A few minutes later, Virgil stumbled out of his room and said, quite harshly might I add, "What?"

"Salutations, Virgil. I have a question to ask."

"Shoot."

I tilted my head in confusion. "Hoe can I 'shoot' you?"

(PFFFFTTTTTTT I'M KEEPING IT YOU GUYS)

Virgil sighed and waved it away, responding, "It's just an expression, so ask the question."

"What is the meaning of love?"

"True love means that you care more about someone else's happiness than your own. No matter how much pain it brings you."

"... Did you just quote that from a photo I saw?"

"...Yes..."

"Ahh, I see. Very well, thank you for your cooperation. I must be going."

"Yeah.. Bye," he said before closing the door. I assume he's going back to his existential crisis.

Note to self: Confront him about it

I got out my list again and read it.

Roman ✔
-put significant other's need in front your own.
Virgil ✔
-sacrificing happiness for significant other. No matter what it takes.
Patton

Lastly, Patton. Knowing him, he would be in the kitchen, eating a cookie, or two (if he's feeling dangerous). I walked toward the kitchen and-surpise, surpise- he was there, eating a cookie.

"Salutations, Patton," I said, with my stoic face. I felt something crawl up my face, as if my face feels like it's on fire.

"Heya, Logan! Woah, are you okay? Your face is really red."

"Yes, I believe I am fine. Though, I would like to ask you a question."

"Ask away!"

"What is the meaning of love?"

"Ahh, yes. Love is... well, its really hard to explain, but you're Logic so you would understand. Love is putting someone else's need in front of yours and keeping them happy even though it means sacrificing yours for the sake of them."

This is exactly what Roman and Virgil said.

"But, thats not all."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, love is not really all sunshine and rainbows. Sometimes it can be complicated but if you really love each other, you would go through it, together. You see, your love toward someone is a choice. You choose to prioritize your lover's need because you love the person. You choose to sacrifice your happiness because you love the person happy.

"And yeah, things might not be so smooth for whatever is happening in your relationship but I believe that true love would conquer it."

"I... I didn't think of it like that. Thank you," I said, blushing slightly. It was to be expected of Patton to know much about the idea of love, he is Thomas' feelings.

"No problem, Logan! Also... I've been meaning to tell you this for a while now."

"What is it, Patton?"

"I know you don't fully understand what love means, but I like-no love you. I-I have for a while. To be honest, its quite shocking tha-"

I cut him off by kissing him gently on the lips, shocking both of us. Fortunately, he kissed back softly. I smiled and pulled away, before saying, "Don't stress over it, love. I love you too."

We kissed one more time, thanking myself for bringing up the topic of love.