[43] Self-Conscious (Logicality)

Original: October 14, 2017

July 8, 2018
Did I mention I was tired?

Logan and Patton were lounging at the common room as usual. Roman was fighting off the dragon-witch yet again, and Virgil was off in his room, doing heavens know what.

Logan was reading his book—this time not about Rick Riordan, seeing as he has a whole shelf dedicated to the man's books. It was "Gulliver's Travel" by Jonathan Swift. He was always fascinated by the stories and how absurd they will be but he knows that this book had something to do with the government during that time.

Patton was eating cookies next to Logan. He had his arms wrapped around the logical trait's waist and hugged Logan tighter which resulted to Logan giving Patton a side hug.

Patton started to feel very self-conscious.

Does Logan love me?

Am I fat?

Am I too happy?

Am I annoying?

Patton felt tears gather at his eyes and he buried his face into Logan's shirt. He evened out his breathing as he tried to think about how much Logan loved him.

Logan loves you.

Logan loves you.

Logan loves you.

Why does he love you?

That question struck Patton like a truck, why does Logan love him? Certainly, he was a very annoying, but kind and bubbly person to others but Logan doesn't seem to mind, after all, they are boyfriends.

Logan looked at Patton to see him in deep thought. Logan grew concerned.

"Patton, is there anything I can help you with? You seem awfully quiet now, and it is starting to worry me."

"Logan, why do you love me?" Patton asked, his voice was shaky as I he was going to cry.

"Love, where did you get that thought?" Logan was surprised by the question. He knew it was going to come someday, but he didn't think it was going to be now.

"I don't know. I just feel..."

"Self-conscious?"

"Y-Yeah, and I was just... Y'know.. Stuff..." Patton just shrugged as he said that.

"Do you really want to know why I love you?"

Patton nodded. Logan sighed as he placed his book somewhere (not forgetting to place the bookmark) as he directed his attention back to Patton and started to pet him like he was a cute dog.

"W-well, you know how I am not good at expressing my emotions or stating how I feel, but I will try my best. I love you because you are kind to me and everyone else.

I know that isn't really a good reason, but hear me out. You are really sweet and you always try to help me even though it meant putting my needs first instead of your own, and for that, I feel very thankful.

I love how the way you would look and stare into an object when you are in deep concentration because you wanted to know more about it.

I love how your eyes would light up whenever Thomas or the others would give something to you, and you really didn't expect it.

I know this is not a lot to convince you, but just know this.

I love you because you loved me when I couldn't even love myself."

Logan sighed as finished his speech to see a crying Patton. It broke his heart to see his boyfriend crying, but this time, Logan knew it was different.

Logan gave Patton a tight hug because he knew that Patton really did love hugs. Logan gave a rare smile towards Patton as Patton gave Logan his signature smile.

"Thanks, Logie! I love you too, but you should really learn how to love yourself now."

"Yes, I finally learned how to love myself when you started to love me. I was self-conscious before as well. Now that I feel better and less self-conscious, I wish to help you. That is, if you are willing to."

"Of course I am! I really love you, Logan!"

Logan chuckled, "I love you too, Patton."

Patton's eyes lit up and kissed Logan on the lips. Nothing can beat this moment right now.

They better hope no one walks in.

And no one did.