[130] Just More Fluff (Platonic Analogical)

Written: October 10
Ship: Platonic Analogical
Note: I'm currently Analogical trash at 11:15 P.M.

Logan knew it was getting late but he paid that no mind as he continued to read his favorite book. It didn't matter since even if he tried to fall asleep, something prevented him from doing so thus wasting precious time. Might as well make the most of it as he would argue.

He knew that his way of thinking is not the best nor the healthiest but it was the only way he could ever stay productive at this time of hour. It was currently 2:43 A.M. but it didn't matter. He'd been reading for the past five hours. Reading, rereading, taking notes.

If he were the others, he would reprimand them for staying up at ungodly hours doing heaven's know what. He is such a hypocrite for scolding them when he himself could not keep the schedule he planned for them to do so.

A knock at the door snapped him out of his trail of thoughts and he tilted his head at that. 'Who in the world would be in their right mind to knock at someone's door at two in the morning?'

Logan got off his bed, grabbing his glasses and placed them safely on the bridge of his nose. Fixing his hair, he got up and opened the door. He was surprised to see Virgil standing out there with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Oh, Virgil. What a pleasant surprise. What brings you to my room at this time of hour?" Logan asked, sounding as polite as ever. Virgil scoffed at that and pushed past Logan and walked to his bed, sitting down on it. Logan noticed and closed his door, sighing, "If you wanted to sleep on my bed, you do not have to be so rash about it."

"I didn't say I was going to sleep on your bed anyway," Virgil muttered, "do you really think that I am that stupid to know you rarely sleep? Heck, maybe you even sleep less than me."

Logan's face scrunched up as he sat next to Virgil. "I apologize for my terrible sleeping habits but I'm afraid that there is not much that I can do. You see, no matter how hard I try, I would inevitably end up failing."

"That's complete bullshit, Logan. You know it."

"I would refrain from saying such foul language. Imagine what Patton would say if he heard you."

"Look, this isn't about me. This isn't about Roman. This definitely isn't about Patton. This is about you and you alone. Just get some rest, Logan," Virgil said, voice firm and the lack of anxiety in there nearly made Logan smile.

"I have already told you my predicament. I cannot fall asleep."

"Then I'll just sleep next to you. I mean, we're friends aren't we?" Virgil said, blushing a bit at that offer.

Logan didn't utter a word but wordlessly placed his glasses on the side at his table and slid into his bed, leaving space at the left side, patting it as if to gesture Virgil to sleep next to him. Virgil got the message and removed his slippers, since he was already at his nightwear he had no problem slipping in.

Both sides laid side by side before Logan slid an arm around Virgil's waist, pulling himself closer to Virgil's chest and rested his head on top of where his heart supposedly lays.

Virgil could feel his heart rate speed up a considerable amount and attempted to calm it down. It doesn't pass by Logan's ear as if it were nothing, since Logan just smiled up at him before laying back down as if nothing happened. Virgil hesitantly ran his fingers through Logan's hair and felt a sense of pride when Logan made a noise of comfort.

He didn't know when, nor did he know how but he was lucky to see Logan asleep next to him the next day.