[28] Road Trips (Platonic LAMP)

Original: September 30, 2017

July 7, 2018
At this point, this oneshot is shit. BUT I LOVE THE ENDING ;-;

The sides and Thomas decided to go on a road trip not too far from their area. Patton, being the dad of the bunch, drove the car while Thomas sat shotgun.

(Logan didn't exactly know why Thomas would want to get shot but the others were too lazy to explain it. After a few research, he finally got it.)

Depressingly, Logan was forced to sit with the two, Virgil and Roman.

Logan's POV

"PRINCEY, STOP STEPPING ON MY FOOT!"

"I'M SO NOT SORRY, EMO NIGHTMARE."

Seriously, when will these two end. It's only been 15 minutes since we've left the house. I have been forced to sit with these half-wits because Thomas 'called shotgun' (seriously, who wants to call a shotgun to shoot him) and Patton was driving. They have been fighting the whole time, and its driving me insane, for the better use of words, nuts.

"Will you half-wits shut up?! You sound like an old married couple," I yelled, putting the book I was reading down, frightening the two and Thomas. I have never raised my voice against them until now.

"S-Sorry, Logan."

"Y-Yeah, what he said," Roman said, and continued to look out the window, quietly humming Disney songs to himself. Virgil softly whined.

"What's the matter, Virgil?"

"Princey's singing."

"What about it?"

"It's annoying me a lot. Switch places?"

"Oh, I see. And no, I would not want to be beside him. His ego is so high, I would jump from it to his IQ," I stated nonchalantly.

I could hear Virgil snicker, Roman gasping in offense, and Thomas yelling, "OHHH! GET BURNED."

"What? Why would I want Roman to get burned? I am just stating the obvious."

Roman, Virgil, and Thomas facepalmed simultaneously. Is there something I am forgetting?

"Nevermind, but please, Logan," Virgil said, giving those 'puppy eyes.'

"That does not work on-"

"Logan, be more mature, and let the kiddo sit at your spot. You know how his relationship with Princey is very rocky."

Apparently, it only works on Patton.

"But-"

"No buts," Patton said, a demanding tone from his voice. I groaned a bit, making Thomas giggle and Princey snort. I glared at him, and he immediately closed his mouth.

I slightly stood up from my seat to let Virgil slide under. Patton suddenly stopped the car, making me accidentally sit on Virgil.

"Whoops, sorry, kiddos. Everything is under control."

I felt my cheeks go warm, and quickly tried to stand and sit on my actual seat. Unfortunately, that didn't go as planned, because Virgil decided to wrap his arms around my waist to keep me down. Well, isn't this an awkward moment.

Luckily, Thomas was dozing off, and Patton was too busy concentrating to notice. On the other hand, Roman was on the verge of laughter.

I tried to get out of Virgil's grip, but his hands were wrapped tightly around me. He was smirking at me. Damn it...

Well, isn't this great? I decided that since I will be stuck, might as well get comfortable.

I moved a bit and decided that this was the most I could get from my position. I got my book, seeing as it was thrown to the ground during the ruckus, and continued reading it.

Now, I know that I am not allowed to give spoilers, but I'll give you a hint. I have been rereading this series, and this is the part where a couple falls into a pit.

I have said too much.

I continued reading, and felt my eyes grow heavier and heavier. I managed to say, "Patton, when are we getting there?"

"I'm not so sure, kiddo. Maybe a couple hours, or so."

"Would you mind if I sleep?"

"I wouldn't mind. Besides, you need to catch up on your sleep. Your schedule is very messy for someone being a logical side," Patton said, looking back at the ongoing traffic. "Sorry, kiddo. Can't talk to you, gotta focus."

"Apologies, also its got to."

By now, everyone except for Patton started to doze off. I closed my eyes, and finally let sleep take me.

-time skip-

I felt myself wake up as I heard the other's voices.

"Logan, Logan! We're here," Patton stated.

"Nerd, get up! Don't wanna miss the fun now, would we?" Definately Roman.

"Guys, let him sleep. Look at him, he looks comfortable," Virgil said. I forced my eyes to open and saw that we were at our destination.

I stifled a yawn, but ended up sneezing. "Greetings, everyone. Sorry, I must've not notice that we have arrived."

Everyone said that it was okay, but when I looked at Patton, he looked like he was going to burst.

"LOGAN! YOUR SNEEZE IS ADORABLE."

I sneezed again. "No, it's not."

"YOU SNEEZE LIKE A KITTEN!"

"How do kittens sneeze anyway?"

"From their nose. But, still!"

I sighed as I got off Virgil, seeing as I was still sitting on him. I wonder if Patton noticed that.

"Finally out of that-oof!" I fell to the floor. I looked back to see I have tripped on a rock. A rock. How embarrassing.

I stood back up and tried to recompose myself.

"Well then, let us go?"

Everyone nodded in agreement.

-super big time skip-

We finally got home. Today has been a good day, and here's why:

Today, Roman and Virgil has finally stopped bickering after the car incident. Patton said dad jokes, but we didn't mind. Thomas was just happy, and that's all that matters.

"Logan? Are you coming," a voice that belonged to Virgil said.

"Yes I will be there in a moment. Let me finish what I am doing."

They may be idiots...

But they are my idiots.

I finished what I was writing and left to find the others watching a Disney movie.

"You're late, Lo Lo!"

"I know, and I apologize," I said, cuddling into the other three.

Today has been great, and I couldn't ask for more.