[138] Your Lie (in April) (Prinxiety)

Written: June 10
Note: Nope, the title does not imply what you think it does because it has nothing to do with the anime itself. Or does it? This sucks and comment here to say so!! Yeet, wrote this at 1AM. I'm going to bed now. Bye!

Roman met him when he did his daily routine of running around the neighborhood park to keep himself in shape and check out the hot dudes, but mostly to keep himself in shape (and check out the hot dudes). It was purely a coincidence.

Their first encounter with each other was not as smooth as Roman hoped it could be. After all, he literally collided into the man which forced the both of them to fall. Sadly the other had to unwillingly cushion Roman and take majority of the damage. Though it seemed like nothing was wrong, Roman could see that the other already had a bad impression on him.

However, that did not seem to be the case.

The once mysterious man he saw that day kept coming back day after day when Roman began his morning runs. At first he thought that it was just a coincidence, but when he turned and saw the other's eyes, he shuddered at the thought. It was like a hunter hunting for his prey; and sadly, Roman seemed to be the one he was looking at.

Being a loud and proud gay and all, he was okay with hot guys checking him out (as long as he can, also, shamelessly check them out). But no, this other dude looked like he was eye fucking Roman and said person can't help but take a bajillion steps back.

Turns out, the man's name was Virgil and he was new to the area. He came out early in the morning to get some inspiration for his paintings because apparently, he was some sort of famous painter in YouTube like Bob Ross. He'd do some speed paintings of the scenery he would see and for some reason, his new interest seemed to be Roman.

Though the other explained he also had social anxiety, the way he complimented Roman's body was so smooth that he wondered if he did this to many other men (and women) before himself. This made Roman's blood boil a tad bit.

And so, the duo's relationship soon started to prosper and bear fruit after a few months. Their feelings started to cultivate and slowly grow to the point it was painful obvious that a certain nerd could also see it.

(In a distant place, a man with black glasses sneezed. Is someone talking behind my back?)

Until one day, Virgil stopped going to the park. It was strange but Roman never questioned Virgil and his motives. Even though he seemed to be a bit shady sometimes, Virgil always had the purest intentions with Roman and was always true to his feelings.

A day passed.

Then two and three.

Before long, it was a week and Roman started to worry.

If Virgil had some kind of convention to go to, surely Roman would've been informed about it. He never left without saying at least one word to Roman since they were basically best buds at this point.

So why? It was like Virgil never existed or he was wiped off the face of the world without a strand of DNA to even analyze if it weren't for the fact that Roman had Virgil's pillow. (The latter left it at Roman's house when Roman explained some certain… circumstances.)

That's when it hit him.

Who exactly… was Virgil?

His mind suddenly exploded with memories.

The house Virgil said he lived in was not the house that he lived in. It was near by Roman's own house and he knew for a fact that ever since he moved in, the ones living in that house was a gay couple who befriended him.

They never went anywhere but Roman's house or stayed at the park until the sun sets.

He started to suspect things and asked around the neighborhood.

When he asked about someone moving in a few months ago, he was surprised with the response of his neighbor. "Eh? New neighbor here? Pah! No one moved here since you came along!"

Roman was frantic and searched high and low for this mysterious person who suddenly appeared to him on that day. Their meetings were always brief as Virgi always said he had to go home to make videos and Roman had to go home and prepare for work.

Since they lived near the countryside, there were not much buildings and the land was mostly covered in grass or dirt. He walked up a tree and was surprised to see a stone there. It looked like a grave stone and it got him curious.

It looked so old—could be at least 20 to 30 years old.

The name.

Oh goodness, the name.

Roman could not forget the name.

Everything was blurred but the name.

Virgil XXXXXXX

XXXXX XX, XXXX - XXXXX XX, XXXX

Then he remembered the day they first met.

April 1.

The same day Virgil died.