[38] Just Have to Let Go

Original: October 8, 2017

July 7, 2018
TW: Sorta angsty?

Saying Thomas was a wreak was a complete understatement. He lost someone very—extremely—close to him and it wasn't doing good on the sides. Virgil was working a lot more than he usually should. Though, he wasn't the one who was mostly affected.

Patton mostly kept to himself and always stayed inside his room, sobbing like there was no tomorrow and acting a lot like Virgil nowadays. He would make comments that can and could rival Virgil's, and they were usually depressing and such. When he left his room, he would most likely be sulking at the common room and be watching some puppy videos.

Logan was missing in action. No one has seen nor heard of him for quite a while. The only time they would see him is either he would come out to eat or get something. Even that was rare.

Luckily, Roman wasn't really affected. He was only Thomas' creativity and ego. Sure, he sometimes feel numb but he has to stay strong for Patton, Logan, and Virgil. He would usually cook the food and give it to each of the sides.

Roman decided to check on the others to see if they are in need of some caretaking. He stood up from his room, getting tired of being cooped up, and walked towards the common room to see Patton, sitting there and crying as usual. Well, not really usual, but it was a thing for a while.

"Greetings, Patton. Is there anything you need my assistance of?"

"Not really, Roman. The offer is really tempting, but I am going through rough patches in life," Patton mumbled out. "I feel like death."

"Don't say that, Patton! You are starting sound like Virgil when he doesn't get something or when he is in the middle of thinking about his existential crisis."

"I might as well be thinking about that," Patton said, standing up to go back to the 'comfort' of his room. "Also, if you were here to ask if I were okay, I would very much like that I am, but don't worry."

Patton walked off, leaving a very confused Roman behind.

Roman sighed, next stop, Virgil. He decided to go to Virgil's room, seeing as he was still working. Before he went there, he went to the kitchen and fetched a glass of water for Virgil.

He knocked and he heard Virgil say, "Go away!"

"Virgil, are you alright? It's me, Roman. I just wanted to check up on you, and I have a glass of water."

After a few moments of silence, Virgil replied, "I'm doing okay, now I gotta focus. Thanks for the water, just... leave it out there. I'll come out and get it. You should probably look for Logan. God knows what he's been up to."

Roman placed the glass of water down and walked towards the logical trait's door. Roman knocks and softly said, "Logan? Are you there?"

Roman heard a bit of shuffling, and a small voice that belonged to Logan, saying, "Leave me alone!"

"Logan, please. We've all been worried, even Virgil's out of his room more than you. You have to open this door so I can help you," Roman pleaded.

A shuffle and a click from the door was heard. Roman poked his head into the room and gasped at the sight.

Just saying that the room was a mess was just an understatement. It looked a lot worse than it should.

"Logan! What happened to your room?! It looked like a tsunami, tornado, and hurricane came by to say hello all together. Logan? Hey, are you crying?" Roman asked, clearly concerned for the other trait's wellbeing.

"S-Salutations, R-Roman. I am fine, there is nothing to worry about. You may go do... whatever you do."

"No, Logan. Clearly something is wrong. I just want to help and fix it," the prince insisted.

"I told you, Roman, there is nothing you can do! Just leave me alone and let me wallow in my own self-pity," Logan said, curling up more into himself. Roman was beyond shocked to see the logical side this way. It broke his heart.

"W-Well, don't you want to go to Patton? Surely, both of you can figure this out," Roman asked.

"No! We can't. He can't see me like this. It's too painful. He's dealing with Thomas' and his emotions. He doesn't have to deal with mine..."

Roman was lost in words. He finally composed himself and said, "I'll help you. Whatever is happening to you, I would gladly help. I am a Prince, after all."

"I-I suppose your right. Very well, I guess.. you can help me.."

"Yay! Maybe you should uncurl yourself first? Then I can help you go to the common room, you look like you need some interactions. I can get the others to be with us."

"T-That would be nice," Logan stated, uncurling himself and tried to stand, which epically failed. Roman helped Logan stand up and walked to the common room.

"Stay here, okay? There's nothing to worry about," Roman said before disappearing to get the others.

Moments later, he came back with a teary eyed Patton and a stressed Virgil.

"H-Hey, kiddos. Oh! Hey there Logan? How's it going?"

"I-I'm feeling a little bit better. I do hope we get to recover from this. I think Virgil does not like working too much than he is now."

"You think?! My sleeping schedule is going haywire," Virgil said, looking more anxious than ever.

"We know that, but all we can do is just to hope that Thomas gets better. I can help you all, if you let me," Princey offered, shocking all the other sides.

"Are you sure?"

"Can you handle it, kiddo?"

"Are you positive?"

The other three said all in the same time. Roman chuckled, and said, "Of course, what kind of Prince will I be if I didn't help the ones in need?"

So, since that day, the others recovered but they forgot about the incident, leaving poor Roman to do all the things he does.

"So, they finally forgot the Prince Charming that saved them, huh? Well, I shouldn't be expecting anything in return. I'll just wait."

And that, he did.