[53] "I'll always be there to a degree."

Original: October 29, 2017

July 10, 2018
My longest oneshot. Mentions of Logince. And I'm sad now. *curls up*
TW: Character death, angst

He was sad. Depressed, to be more exact. Roman didn't know how long it's been, really. A minute? An hour? A day? A week? A year? He didn't care. He stopped counting ever since.

Yeah, he is Thomas' fanciful side, but that doesn't mean that he is always happy like he should be.

Today was the day he was going to end it all. Once and for all.

°•°

Roman had set everything up. The ropes? Check. The notes? Check. The stool that would probably change his life? Check.

Roman had been preparing for this day ever since the time he'd been called dumb or useless. Of course, Roman knew those were all true. He just accepted it.

Roman took in a shaky breath as he stood on the rope that would kill him, and frankly, he didn't care if he did survive. The other sides wouldn't care anyway.

He took a deep breathe and...

He woke up, screaming. He tried to calm himself down, hoping that the others wouldn't know it was him and thought it was Virgil. Like always.

I knew it, Roman thought, I knew that I couldn't even kill myself just a dream!

Suddenly, there was a sharp knock at the door. Roman shakily drew a deep breathe, trying to calm himself down, reassuring himself that there is nothing to worry about.

He opened the door to see the other's tired but worried faces. Virgil, who was in his bear onesie, looked like he was going to vomit and Patton, who, for once wasn't wearing his glasses, and was (as always) wearing his cat onesie with his jacket (don't ask why), looked really tired but tried to stay awake as much as possible.

But Logan... Oh, Logan, who was wearing his unicorn onesie, looked like he was run over by a truck, which was followed by a war, tsunami, tornado, and hurricane.

His glasses were crooked instead of being straight on his face, his face looked like he was being starved of something, and he was gripping his unicorn onesie like his life depended on it.

"R-Roman? I-Is everything alright?" Patton asked, voice slightly shaking. Probably to get rid of the sleepiness.

"Y-Yeah, I am fine, guys. Hey, you guys should—"

"Roman, you sure? 'Cause I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be screaming in my sleep. Probably shook but that's it," Virgil stated, going paler and paler by the second.

Roman chuckled, trying to (desperately) keep up his façade. "I am perfectly fine, Virgil. Don't need to fret. Anyways, you all should probably—"

"Roman, I know it's you," Logan, who for once didn't look like his usual composed self, was tearing up while he said that. "Do you really actually think that no one can hear you scream at your sleep? I can hear you talk to yourself thinking about committing the unthinkable!"

Roman froze, then smiled. It looked broken. Instead of the usual cheery genuine smile, it was a heartbroken fake smile. "So, you finally found out, huh? To think, you were the logical one."

Saying Patton and Virgil were shocked was a complete understatement.

"P-Please, there has got to be a way to fix this, right?! Right?!?" Patton asked, frantically looking between Logan and Roman.

Logan looked over to the dad trait, a frown evident on his face. Roman look as well, still smiling. "I believe there is nothing that you all will do to change this."