[16] Virgil's Secret

Original: August 31, 2017

July 4, 2018
Yeah... I don't know what I was doing here.

No one noticed that Virgil kept leaving at certain times, that is, until now. It used to go unnoticed by the other sides but since they've been trying to get closer to Virgil, it was harder for said side to slip away.

Logan noticed first. They were playing a round of Word Association, but Virgil said he has to go do "things." Logan knew something was up but decided to let him go, but not asking for another round next time.

Patton was next. They were baking cookies, but Virgil said the exact same thing he said to Logan, go do "things." Patton, being the dad he is, asked if he could be of some assistance. Virgil denied and left the room immediately.

Roman was the last. They were binge watching a lot of Disney movies until Virgil's phone went off and Virgil jumped off the couch, saying that he has "important things to do." Clearly not convinced, Roman demanded that Virgil show his phone. Virgil shook Roman off and left, saying, "Do not follow me or I will make your death look like a suicide."

All the sides were worried by how hostile Virgil acted around them and decided to spy on him. They planned to cancel their plans with Virgil and pretend to meet up with each other.

The plan was set.

-time skip-

Logan was in the living room, minding his own business until Virgil walked toward Logan and said, "Hey, Smarty. You ready to lose in Word Association?"

"Apologies, Virgil. I have some things to do with Patton. Maybe another time?"

"Sure, I can always count on Roman for something fun to do.." Virgil trailed off, leaving Logan to what he does best.

Logan made sure Virgil was out of sight and out of earshot before he went to Patton's room.

Patton opened the door to see Logan nod. That's the signal.

-_-_-_-_-

Virgil walked to Roman's room, hoping he isn't busy. He knocked on Roman's door and sighed.

"Ahh, greetings, Virgil!" Roman said, opening the door in surprise.

"I regret coming to you, never mind. Go binge watch your movies. I'll be in my room if you need me," Virgil said, a but too quickly.

I know you are wondering, 'How is Roman going to get into Virgil's room?' Well, he has a secret vent to Virgil's room. Don't ask, he doesn't know either.

"No! What is it do you need?"

This was just a distraction to keep Virgil distracted from the sounds Logan AND Patton were making when they are entering Virgil's room. They were pretty loud.

Roman coughed. "Anyway, would you like to enter?"

"N-No thanks, as I said, I will go to my room now. I have something import to do."

"Really? No time for MCR?"

"MCR? What are you implying?" Virgil said, raising his eyebrow.

"What I am saying is, you can play MCR in my room. Don't deny it, you've always wanted to do that."

This time, Princey is crying inwardly. It took a lot of effort to influence Roman to allow Virgil use his speakers in his room. Hesitantly, he agreed as long as he got something out of it.

"Well, one song won't hurt," he said, smirking.

Oh the pain for Roman, but it was worth it for Virgil's safety.

"Thanks for letting me do that. I was about to prank you by playing MCR songs but never mind. Anyway, I should be on my way."

"Of course. So long, Virgil!"

That should be enough time for Logan and Patton to get into his room, Roman thought as he was entering his secret vent.

Roman's POV

By the time I got to the other side, I saw Virgil walk toward his never been used closet.

What would he even want with his closet? He's out of the closet for a while now with us.

He looked around to check if either of us were around. Did I mention that Logan and Patton are not only bad at being quiet but they are also really bad at hiding? I can see them!

Virgil then opened his closet, revealing a secret door that I never know was there. He jumped in.

I jumped down from the vent and walked over to Logan's and Patton's 'hiding' spot.

"I can see you."

"Are we playing Hide and Seek? I was unaware and would've hid somewhere far from Patton," Logan asked, clearly confused of the current situation. I facepalmed.

"For someone who claims to be smart, you are really dumb," I said before turning to the closet and opening it, revealing said door.

"Come on, let's go," I said, before jumping down.

It wasn't long til we reached the end. It had a mattress at the bottom. We ventured toward the bright light.

Knowing that things might get ugly, we secretly walked toward it.

That's when we found Virgil, guitar in hand, along with Pranks and Missy. They were all in a band.

"Uhh.. I can explain?"

"This. Is. So. Cool! My dark strange son is in a band!" Patton squealed out.

"I must say, Virgil. This is very shocking for me."

"Thanks, I guess.."

I was shocked, but managed to say, "This is what you've been doing?"

"Yup?"

"... Need more members?"

"Uhh... We're okay."

"You guys don't have a drummer, someone who can play electric guitar, and a sound manager. Dibs on sound manager!" I said, smiling.

"Guitar!" Patton screamed before running toward the electric guitar and playing the C scale. Everyone looked surprised, except me.

"I suppose I can be the drummer," Logan said, before stretching his fingers and picking up the sticks.

"Its been a while."

"What do you mean by-"

Virgil was cut off by Logan playing the drums. He was good. Everyone was shocked.

I applauded Logan. "Well done, Logan. I did not expect that coming."

"You're welcome, Roman. Shall we start?"