[82] Falling In Love With You (LAMP)

Original: May 13, 2018

July 11, 2018
Pure beans singing. Yeah.

There are certain things that the sides can do and the others don't know about. For example, Patton can list the entire period table, Roman can be as nerdy as Logan, Logan can touch his nose with his tongue, and Virgil can sing.

Well, it's not that he can sing that well like Roman, all of them can sing. Virgil just... doesn't enjoy singing in front of others. Logan did it once and that was beautiful.

Virgil scrolled his Tumblr page as he started to unconsciously singing. "Be our gest, be our guest–"

"Virgil, you can sing?!" Roman said, randomly appearing out of nowhere. Patton and Logan rushed into the room, due to the questioning commotion.

"I guess? We are all fractions of Thomas after all..."

"That was great! Hey, let's all visit my room again," Roman squealed. Logan looked warily at Patton, who was also about to burst, but he was pretty sure that Patton's was way worse.

"Calm down, Patton. Roman, why would we go to your room?"

"Because it's a surprise!" With that statement, they teleported to Roman's room (without Logan protesting because he did find the royal's room comforting).

A grand piano sat in front of his bed, clean but obviously worn out. Roman sat on the chair and played some chords, "Now I can play and you can sing!"

Patton smiled. "I wanna join too!"

"Patton, it's–" Before Logan could even correct him, Patton rushed out of the room. It was silent for a while before Patton came back with a cello.

"You know how to play the cello?" Roman asked, surprised. Patton nodded and grabbed a chair, "I gotta do something when I'm bored. So I learned the cello."

Logan stood there uncomfortably. "I guess I'll just sit at Roman's bed."

"Logan, I know you play the violin," Patton smiled teasingly. Logan's face deflated, "Do I have to?"

"Come on, Logy! This will be a good boyfriends bonding time," Patton's eyes shimmered in delight. Logan just couldn't say no.

"Fine, I'll be back," Logan went out of the room, leaving it silent once more. Patton played random notes as Roman played random chords to go with it.

Soon, it started to form a song that Virgil knew. It was also painfully cliche.

"Wise men say...
Only fools rush in~
But I can't help...
Falling in love with you..."

Logan silently got back to Virgil, Patton, and Roman's blending, he decided to add in his part. Patton's playing was kind of awkward as Roman was also missing some keys.

Virgil's voice was cracking.

"Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help
falling in love with you~"

At first, Logan played as still as he could. He didn't usually sway to the music but... this was different. He felt himself starting to dance while playing. Logan felt eyes gaze on him as he spun and played.

What shocked the others was he harmonized with Virgil the next part.

"Like a river flows,
surely to the sea.
Darling so it goes,
Some things are meant to be~"

Patton's bariton voice harmonized with Virgil's melody and Logan's tenor voice.

"Take my hand,
take my whole life too...
For I can't help,
falling in love with you~"

Roman sighed as he played; their voices sounded so lovely and in tune...

"Like a river flows..
surely to the sea~
Darling so it goes...
Some things are meant to be~"

Logan closes his eyes as he circled the piano and played the violin. It seemed that his problems and worries all vanished the moment he sang. With his boyfriends, nonetheless.

"Take my hand,
take my whole life too...
For I can't help,
falling in love with you~"

The last notes were sung in perfect harmony. Roman taking the bass, Patton taking the baritone, Virgil taking the melody, and Logan taking the tenor.

"For I can't help
falling in love with you~"

Logan stopped his dancing as soon as the music had ended. Virgil looked over in approval as Roman and Patton showered him in praises.

"That was amazing, Logan!"

"You stole the spotlight!"

Virgil laughed out loud. "We should do this more sometime."

Patton nodded and said, "I love you guys! I could just hug y'all but I'm holding my cello."

They all gathered around and hugged Patton. "We love you too."