[115] His Crush (Analogical)

July 21, 2018

This was to cure my boredom and motivation. Highschool AU

It was the perfect day to start exploring new topics for Logan. He was always the one who was willing to learn and the only one actually ecstatic about it.

Patton would just be happy because... why wouldn't he? He's naturally like that and was always, excuse me, usually happy. Roman would only complain about it more.

Virgil... God, Logan just wanted to stare at Virgil all day. How he just looked so perfect with his dark eyeshadow and how he tried to be so angsty just attracted Logan more. Even though the amount of times he said he didn't care what the others thought amused him when he finds Virgil in the boy's bathroom, applying more eyeshadow when he thought no one was around.

Virgil was just a star that Logan was attracted to. He felt things that he had never felt before when he only hung around Patton and Roman. No, those were feelings he was quite familiar with. Annoyance, irritation. Sometimes happiness when they were discussing about a certain topic he loved to talk about.

"Logan! We've been trying to get your attention this past minute," Roman whined, waving a hand over his face. Logan blinked as he looked around the empty classroom, it seems that he may have dozed off the entire time.

"Apologies, Roman. I must've dozed off and thought of some other important things to discuss with the student council later," Logan said, lying in plain sight. It seemed that Roman and Patton bought it as they skipped away happily, like the obvious couple they were.

Ever since they got together, Logan felt himself grow distant from his colleagues (colleagues? Acquaintances seem to be a good word for it). It all started when Roman asked Patton out, obviously. They've been going out together so often that sometimes they'd forget that Logan was around.

Until Virgil showed up to their group. It was so sudden when they heard a new kid was entering the school. Patton, being Patton, obviously befriended him and added Virgil into the friend group.

Logan didn't mind it at first as Roman practically threw a tantrum as why 'Emo Nightmare' was around. It took a lot of convincing before he settled down on an uneasy agreement.

When they began dating, Logan didn't mind being ignored. But now, while Virgil is around, he felt a sense of peace whenever the other two left him and practically abandoned him for their own shenanigans because he had Virgil as his own company.

Logan sighed and shook his head. This was the third time that it had happened and he could feel his grades slip from his hands. He couldn't do such thing because of how strict his parents were.

He remembered the last time he got a 'low' grade and shivered at the thought and memory of how angry his parents were.

"What are you still doing, nerd?" Virgil said, walking up to him with his eyebrow raised. Logan felt a slightly familiar tug on his lips but fought against it. This has been happening only around Virgil and he was getting annoyed of it.

Stupid human errors called emotions.

"Salutations, Virgil. I was merely packing away for the day. Is there anything I can do to be of assistance?"

Virgil shook his head and shrugged. "It's not that I need help, I just... need company, your company. God, sorry. This is so awkward."

"Oh, it's quite alright. I don't mind... t-talking with you, that is."

Both of the teens blushed at that statement.

"S-So, what have you been up to lately?" Virgil asked awkwardly trying to spark up a conversation. Logan chuckled softly at the futile attempt.