iii. the inner eye and lessons

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER THREE:

THE INNER EYE AND LESSONS

   Aurora woke up early for the first morning of school. Or at least as early as she possibly could. She got into her uniform, and rolled up the top of the skirt, she tucked her white shirt into the skirt and grabbed her jumper. She took a quick look into the mirror, and satisfied she left her dormitory.

       She made her way to the Great Hall. She sat down, offering a quick hello to Fred and George who had joined them this morning. Harry was clearly in a rotten mood.

    "What's wrong with you?" she asked, giving him a look. "Find out another Professor has Voldemort growing on the back of his head?"

     "No, it was Malfoy." Ron explains to her. "It's hard to believe you're cousins with him. You two are opposites."

    She doesn't bother to even ask what he has done this time.

   "That little git," George says calmly. "He wasn't so cocky last night when the Dementors were down at our end of the train. Came running into our compartment, didn't he, Fred?"

   "Nearly wet himself."

   "I wasn't too happy myself. They're horrible things, those Dementors."

   "Sort of freeze your insides, don't they?"

   "You didn't pass out, though, did you?" Harry asked, in a low voice.

    "Harry, it could have happened to anyone. Its literally the Dementors job." Aurora tells him, causing him to briefly look at her. She reached across the table and shakes his head. "They take away all the happiness from you!"

    "She's right." George mentions, looking away from Aurora. "Dad had to go out to Azkaban one time. And he said it was the worst place he'd ever been, he came back all weak and shaking. They suck the happiness out of a place, Dementors. Most of the prisoners go mad in there."

     She glanced down. So that's what her father went through everyday whilst he was there.

   "Anyway, we'll see how happy Malfoy looks after our first Quidditch match." Fred mentions. "Gryffindor versus Slytherin, first game of the season, remember?"