x. the first day

★ ★ ★CHAPTER TEN:THE FIRST DAY★ ★ ★

CHAPTER TEN:
THE FIRST DAY

Hermione, and Aurora woke early enough for the first morning of their fifth year.

Whilst Hermione started gathering her books, she got changed in the bathroom. She glanced at herself in the mirror, whilst brushing out her hair.

She wondered when she should write Sirius a letter. How soon was too soon? It had been three days since she last saw him, but he did say he wanted her to write to him so maybe she would tonight. But what was she suppose to say? She hadn't a clue on how to start a letter to someone? Especially him. This wasn't just anyone. It was her father, and what happens if he doesn't reply to her-

"I don't understand why you take so long to get ready everyday." Hermione complained, standing at the door. "You, Lavender and Pavarti always spent so long-"

"What's wrong with that?"

"Well nothing really but I just think you don't need to get ready-"

"Femininity isn't a bad thing, despite the belief of some." Aurora interrupted, with a shrug. She sends her a look. "Internalised misogyny is."

Hermione didn't reply to her comment, only moved subject. "Have you heard that Ghoul Studies has been cancelled for the year?"

"No. Why?" she asked, as they leave the dormitory.

"Apparently Professor Blythe has decided not to teach here anymore. Probably because of you-know-who. It's doesn't matter anyway because it's an extra curricular, but still. I hope they find a replacement."

When they made it to the Great Hall the two of them sat down, greeting Harry and Ron. Whilst Hermione begun talking to the boys about her plans for the year, she poured herself a cup of tea.

Time flew and before she knew she was walking towards Potions with Snape. It reminded her of Sirius who had a history with him. He didn't go into much detail, but she could tell Sirius really disliked him.

"Hello, Harry!" a voice says.

Aurora turns back and sees Cho coming up to them all. They all stop walking despite the fact she didn't address them them all, and only seemed interested in talking to Harry.

"Hi." Harry replied, red faced.

The two of them spoke to one another, and it even appeared as though they had some sort of inside joke that Aurora couldn't understand. It was something about something Harry had gotten on him. Harry had been grinning widely. It was nice to see him so happy.