xxviii. crash

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT:

CRASH
(Please comment for motivation purposes,
it means a lot).

★ ★ ★

    Diagon Alley was practically empty when Aurora, Luke and Harry arrived on Saturday Morning.

      Today, she woke up with the intention of finding Luke a mother. Perhaps a rather easy thing to think rather than do. Her and Luke were getting ready to leave when Harry arrived practically begging them to join him: she didn't mind, both boys company was the ones she preferred. The three of them landed down outside Apothecary, a potions ingredients shop. She looked around, there were a few people but not as much as there would have been this time last year. Most of the shops looked empty too, many of them were closed. Some would have went out of business or chosen to shut under the challenging circumstances.

     "Well, this is shit." Aurora exclaimed, hands diving into her pockets. Even though Summer was approaching the typical cold, dreadful weather of England was still here. "At this rate, we are going to have to go knocking on people's doors."

         "Maybe we should get lunch and wait a few hours. I think Neville mentioned him and Alice were going to Black Bombards and Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. We could head over there for a while until it becomes more busy?" Harry mentioned.

           "Good idea."

           All of them were quiet as they made their way to the joke shop. They were too preoccupied with looking around, it looked dreadful and lonely. It was clear many of the shops had been broken into too.

Truth be spoken, this year she was so busy that she never even visited it after seeing it for the first time. She knew Fred and George wanted to place a branch in Hogsmeade but other than that, she knew nothing. They enter the shop, and much to her surprise, there are many people around. She moves past the people and faintly hears Luke saying he was going to go and find new chocolate flavored editable parchments.

       "Harry, Aurora," Comes a new voice, "Mum look who is here!"

       Aurora wasn't sure which woman had come and hugged her so tightly until noticing the pixie haircut on the tall woman. When she looked behind at Harry, he was joined by Neville and Luna. Alice didn't release her grip from her for a few moments and when she did, she scanned her face.

       "Haven't seen either of ye since October," Alice beams pulling Harry down into a hug. "Look at you two, you've both grown so much. Are you here meeting someone?"