vi. open grave

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER SIX:

OPEN GRAVE

★ ★ ★

She woke up with a gasp for air.

She was not expecting to wake up feeling the way she felt. She felt like all the life had been drained out of her. A screeching noise rang through her head, it sounded worse than a fork being scratched across a plate. Worse than paper rubbing off each other, or a used out marker wiping against a board. Darkness was all she could see, pure darkness and not a spectral of light shun in her face, it was pure emptiness.

The last thing she remembered was a white light, and a tugging feeling on her body before everything went blank.

She couldn't seen Beckham. Actually, she couldn't see anything.

Her body felt different, her legs felt stiff, her arms felt like she had nothing on them. She moved her jaw around several times, she could feel clicking. She waited a moment before attempting to get up.

That was a mistake she realized once her forehead made contact with a hard wood.

Instantly a painful gasp escaped her dry throat as her body moved itself back down. She gently raised her hand up to to the hard wood hovering above her, as she moved her legs and arms around she realized that it had been surrounding her entire body.

She realised she couldn't move. It was like she had been submerged into a box, suddenly it dawned upon Aurora where she was.

She was in her grave, or coffin in this case. She was under the ground, under the earth some might say. That alone itself terrified her, Aurora wasn't scared of much things but the thought of being trapped was one of them. She moved to her left slightly with the small space she had occupied there wasn't room to extend either of her hands. Her hands which were burning in pain.

Aurora felt a burning feeling rise in her chest as she bellowed out.

"HELP ME." her voice was raspy. She screamed out. "I'm in here. I-I'm stuck. HELP-"

She banged her hands off each side of the coffin as her screams took over the small space. She couldn't do anything and she raised her hands nothing worked. She tried using her mind, and nothing happened. It like was before she died when she used her powers so much and quickly that they stopped.

The more time that went by the more she started to panic.

It must have been twenty minutes.

She was going to die in her coffin. She was going to die. She closed her eyes, and breathed in deeply.

The irony of her dying in her coffin caused her to hysterical laugh before realising just how morbid it was.