xi. detention

★ ★ ★CHAPTER ELEVEN:DETENTION★ ★ ★

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
DETENTION

An unexpected letter dropped in her lap on Wednesday morning.

Her first thought was that it had been a wrongly placed letter, but as she opened it she realised it wasn't. Then Volley dropped two more letters into her lap. She flicked through the letters, and recognised the writing of all three of them.

"Who are those from?" Harry asks.

"It's....no one...well not no one... just...Sirius." she answered, ignoring how all three of them grinned at her. She held up the other two. "And Remus, and you don't know the other person."

The last letter was from her grandparents. She knew just by the way they spelt her name. She curled the letter up in her hand, and put it into her bag. Her stomach churned when she closed her back tightly. She felt sick to her stomach.

Leaving their house was the best thing she had done. She would not fall back into their trap. She built up the courage to leave and finally did, she could not see them again. She knew they would manipulate her, force her to come back. Mentally she hasn't even allowed herself to understand what had happened to her all those years, she knew once she opened herself up to the realisation, it all wouldn't stop.

Besides, she didn't need to dwell on them anymore, she had Sirius now.

"I've got to go down to Hogsmeade." Aurora tells them, standing up. "I'll see you all later."

Though, she had forgiven Hermione, Harry and Ron for the events last year, she would admit there was a sense of awkwardness between them all. Or rather them all with her. It was like they were trying to be her friend again. Like they were trying to earn her forgiveness, which she understood. She could only hope they would all go back to normal.

Hogsmeade wasn't busy, which made sense considering it wasn't open yet. She took the secret tunnel by the entrance of the Hufflepuff common room. She went down and got the stuff she needed, before heading back up to the common room.

She met Fred and George, who had been waiting for her by the fireplace.

She put down the art supplies. "I wasn't sure if I should get oil paints or acrylics. I mean oil paints dry a lot more slowly but they look better for realistic paintings, and they also brush across the canvas easier, but acrylics dry-"

"What on earth is she talking about, George?"

"I honestly haven't a clue, Fred, I think...paints?"